EWR 2014 Stats Update: April ***PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS***

So, Hogan and Lesnar on the same level? Yeah... Not even close, Hogan revolutionized the wrestling industry in the 90s... Brock Lesnar has done nothing of the sort in any shape or form... Taker's stats, his brawl shouldn't be lower than 75, dropped, yes, 10 points, no, he should probably already be a Non-Wrestler, but I can see waiting until news breaks that he's officially done or something of the sort

Hogan and Punk on the same level? Yeah... Hot even close, Hogan revolutionized the wrestling industry in the 90s.... CM Punk has done nothing of the sort in any shape or form. You want to start this again?

Oh because Lords of Pain reports it, it's true. The Rosa Thorn is confirmed on Wikipedia (though we all know that isn't the best source.) Curtis Axel's was not. I had to goto Twitter to find it and it was mentioned on April 28th. I would wait until it is used on TV. Rosa's is different because she is not often on TV.

why do you always try to be the negativist? Why would you wait if the guy confirmed this on his twitter same for Rosa.

I'm starting to think you have an anti-Punk bias. Hogan's reactions seem on par with Punk's and Lesnar's. The only thing is Hogan would have more of a crossover appeal (that isn't exactly covered in the game though.)

I am not trying to be a negativist, I also asked what is it? Is it the Hanging facebuster or his old turning heads? That was never answered.

anti-Punk bias? That guy doesn't deserve the Unique gimmick. That's my only problem with him and with his fans who think that he's some kind of God and don't you dare to say anything about him. That guy mentioned that Brock doesn't deserve the Unique gimmick but why would Punk, Cena or DDP have it? Is sickening to see them with the Unique gimmick and Vince, Brock, Bret, Dusty Rhodes, Hogan or Heyman with some generic ones.

Facebuster.

Source??

Edited by hippie

So, Hogan and Lesnar on the same level? Yeah... Not even close, Hogan revolutionized the wrestling industry in the 90s... Brock Lesnar has done nothing of the sort in any shape or form... Taker's stats, his brawl shouldn't be lower than 75, dropped, yes, 10 points, no, he should probably already be a Non-Wrestler, but I can see waiting until news breaks that he's officially done or something of the sort

Hogan and Punk on the same level? Yeah... Hot even close, Hogan revolutionized the wrestling industry in the 90s.... CM Punk has done nothing of the sort in any shape or form. You want to start this again?

Oh because Lords of Pain reports it, it's true. The Rosa Thorn is confirmed on Wikipedia (though we all know that isn't the best source.) Curtis Axel's was not. I had to goto Twitter to find it and it was mentioned on April 28th. I would wait until it is used on TV. Rosa's is different because she is not often on TV.

why do you always try to be the negativist? Why would you wait if the guy confirmed this on his twitter same for Rosa.

I'm starting to think you have an anti-Punk bias. Hogan's reactions seem on par with Punk's and Lesnar's. The only thing is Hogan would have more of a crossover appeal (that isn't exactly covered in the game though.)

I am not trying to be a negativist, I also asked what is it? Is it the Hanging facebuster or his old turning heads? That was never answered.

anti-Punk bias? That guy doesn't deserve the Unique gimmick. That's my only problem with him and with his fans who think that he's some kind of God and don't you dare to say anything about him. That guy mentioned that Brock doesn't deserve the Unique gimmick but why would Punk, Cena or DDP have it? Is sickening to see them with the Unique gimmick and Vince, Brock, Bret, Dusty Rhodes, Hogan or Heyman with some generic ones.

Facebuster.

You act like Brock is a god so there.

Bret's gimmick IS generic. He was not something special gimmick wise. He was always old school face, anti-american, old school heel or maybe hero. Nothing cutting edge GIMMICK WISE (JUST LIKE BROCK LESNAR.) I love Bret, he was my favorite for YEARS but I would not dare say he had a unique gimmick unlike Hogan, Warrior, Austin, Rock, Flair, Cena, Punk (both I suggest ed to have it removed as there are gimmicks you can use for them and why not let the game decide it, and even to a lesser extent Dusty (perhaps in his hay-day,) Savage and Raven.

As for an anti-Punk bias, you brought up Punk for no reason when talking about how Hogan and Brock are on the same level just to bash him again...

I just read about the releases on Lords of Pain, but I hold nothing true from news sources until I see WWE report releases, they don't report hirings all the time but they're pretty good about noting when talent gets released

Edited by ChrisO

Facebuster.

You act like Brock is a god so there.

Bret's gimmick IS generic. He was not something special gimmick wise. He was always old school face, anti-american, old school heel or maybe hero. Nothing cutting edge GIMMICK WISE (JUST LIKE BROCK LESNAR.) I love Bret, he was my favorite for YEARS but I would not dare say he had a unique gimmick unlike Hogan, Warrior, Austin, Rock, Flair, Cena, Punk (both I suggest ed to have it removed as there are gimmicks you can use for them and why not let the game decide it, and even to a lesser extent Dusty (perhaps in his hay-day,) Savage and Raven.

As for an anti-Punk bias, you brought up Punk for no reason when talking about how Hogan and Brock are on the same level just to bash him again...

Basically.......

I think the Unique gimmick should go to those who are legends, Bret, Hogan, Warrior, Austin, Flair, eventually Cena and maybe Punk, but not until that point... to me, they are unique in the fact that they are legends and there will be others who come who may share their last name or use some of their moves, but will never have the same impact as those individuals did... To me, that's why guys like that deserve the Unique gimmick... As far as Lesnar, other than being an MMA Crossover and ending the streak, he hasn't really done anything to make that sort of impression

Edited by ChrisO

What bigger impact had Cena or Punk than Brock? Brock ending the streak was bigger than anything these 2 did in their career. (I don't remember Cena having a bigger moment in his career and Punk... don't come at me with the shoot promo or the 400+ days forgettable reign and his matches with Miz or Del Rio). Besides that, Brock is a unique talent.

Edited by hippie

Ummm.... Who carried the company when Brock left? Cena.... Although Brock has never done such in his career, Cena was the face of the company for 10 years.... That's not enough to say he's a little more important than Brock? Brock jumped ship at the first opportunity and when he saw he wasn't unbeatable in UFC he hightailed it back

Technically nobody should be "unique" since in most cases their gimmick can be described through the gimmicks in game.

Why not think of the use of the gimmick as the game does, somebody who can have a 100% rated segment (not match a segment) and as such I've never seen Lesnar have anything near a 100% segment.

• Like 1

The unique gimmick thing is never going to be agreed on because there's at least two majorly different ways of looking at it and they're almost incompatible.

a) A unique character is someone who can put out great nuanced promos and has a layered character that just doesn't fit any box. In = Punk, Out = Brock

b) A unique character is defined by their achievements. "There'll never be another XXXXX!" In which case In = Brock, Out = Punk

Perhaps the only one who fits both is Hulk Hogan. The problem with 'a' is that anyone with decent promo skills can become unique with little work, while the problem with 'b' is where do you draw the line? The complete reductionist might say that no-one else has ever won a six man tag at WrestleMania against Kane and the Outlaws, so the Shield should all be unique.

So yeah. Really everyone can argue all day and go around in a circle, but whoever's in charge of the mod should just give their criteria and let everyone work around it if necessary. Now can people stop filling the thread with 10 reply deep quoted posts about something covered three weeks ago?

Ummm.... Who carried the company when Brock left? Cena.... Although Brock has never done such in his career, Cena was the face of the company for 10 years.... That's not enough to say he's a little more important than Brock? Brock jumped ship at the first opportunity and when he saw he wasn't unbeatable in UFC he hightailed it back

Yeah, being the face of the company for 10 years after being shoved down our throats screams unique. Cena will never be the draw that Brock is. When he saw he wasn't unbeatable? He was sick and that's why he decided to leave UFC and come back to WWE. He was the UFC champion, 3 time WWE champion... that screams unique. Punk is overrated in the game and his charisma being 100 is a fucking joke.

How is Brock a 'unique talent'? Wrestling guy who is/was also a UFC guy? Ken Shamrock wants a word.

how are Punk or Cena unique talents? Shane Douglas and Scott Steiner broke kayfabe long before the indy hack did and Hulk Hogan was a hero long before Cena.
Edited by hippie

Cena will never be the draw that Brock is.

Brock isn't as big a draw as you think he is.

He headlines Extreme Rules in 2012 vs Cena. The event does its best ever buy.

He headlines Extreme Rules in 2013 vs Triple H: The event does 30,000 buys less than the year before.

Brock's entire drawing ability is based upon the fact that he left, that we didn't see his best years, and the more we've seen of Brock Lesnar, the less he's effected the buyrate and outright contributed to decreases in his program with Triple H.

I am putting spoiler tag on this so we don't need to read this.

What bigger impact had Cena or Punk than Brock? Brock ending the streak was bigger than anything these 2 did in their career. (I don't remember Cena having a bigger moment in his career and Punk... don't come at me with the shoot promo or the 400+ days forgettable reign and his matches with Miz or Del Rio). Besides that, Brock is a unique talent.

Brock beating the streak is not a gimmick, it is just legacy. Bret is a legend but that isn't a gimmick for him. I do think with your Punk comments where you claim he is only good for shoot promos and a "meaningless" 435 day reign as champion, the longest since Hogan's first reign in 1984-8 show a bias. I know I have one with Orton and Batista, you know what I do with them when it comes to stats, nothing because I know my bias. You should know your's too and know when not to say anything relating to Punk.

Cena, Orton, Batista though Cena was the constant over the other two. As or Brock's UFC run, his intestine disorder ruined it more so than being scared to fight Frank Mir.

It's not about impact on DIZ BIZNESS, it's about having a unique gimmick. The game itself would never give Lesnar the Unique gimmick.

I think this is the idea with the gimmick. Who is beyond the typical gimmicks and has the charisma to back it. These two criteria Lesnar and Bret don't have as much as I enjoy both of them.

Technically nobody should be "unique" since in most cases their gimmick can be described through the gimmicks in game.

Why not think of the use of the gimmick as the game does, somebody who can have a 100% rated segment (not match a segment) and as such I've never seen Lesnar have anything near a 100% segment.

Lesnar COULD if Paul Heyman does the knock, knock joke that I loved from RAW. Seriously, it could happen with Heyman interview or a segment where he is the focus.

To add to the releases from WWE

NXT Diva Shara (Sarah Backman) Released

I would say delete her, she never appeared on NXT or wrestled on house shows and I think she is done with wrestling.

Edited by mkpunk

I know earlier I put my bid in for Brock Lesnar to have the unique gimmick, but I think I'm going to chance my stance.

You can argue a few cases as to why Brock deserves the unique gimmick, and at some point in time I could see a point where he finally achieves it, but for now I'd leave him as Legitimate Athlete or even Machine. Lesnar broke The Streak, that is something that literally will never happen again. He's the 1 in 21-1 as Paul Heyman (who definitely deserves the unique gimmick) has said before, and at one point was the youngest WWE Champion of all time. Lesnar was built up to be a major face in the WWE before he left, and has he stuck around, we probably wouldn't be having this argument.

I do however disagree with anyone who says John Cena (and to some extent CM Punk) don't deserve the unique gimmick. I know the game explains the gimmick as 100% segment worthy, but do any of us really treat it that way?

I say we through out that 100% requirement that the game has for the gimmick. If you are such a major name in wrestling that even non-wrestling fans know who you are, you're a pretty big deal. I wouldn't make the case for all Legends and Hall of Famers to be unique, but certainly the top names of each Era deserve the credit.

I would say Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Stone Cold, The Rock, HBK, Bret Hart, Mick Foley, CM Punk, John Cena, Undertaker, Sting, Chris Jericho, Edge, and Triple H are all more then deserving of the unique gimmick in my personal opinion.

Hopefully this could help put an end to the unique debate. Personally, I don't care what you guys end up doing as I update my data myself by coming on here and making the changes you guys list, but I just wanted to provide some feedback.

Cena will never be the draw that Brock is.

Brock isn't as big a draw as you think he is.

He headlines Extreme Rules in 2012 vs Cena. The event does its best ever buy.

He headlines Extreme Rules in 2013 vs Triple H: The event does 30,000 buys less than the year before.

Brock's entire drawing ability is based upon the fact that he left, that we didn't see his best years, and the more we've seen of Brock Lesnar, the less he's effected the buyrate and outright contributed to decreases in his program with Triple H.

UFC had 1 milion 600 thousands PPV buys (UFC 100) and 1 milion 200 thousands (UFC 116) when Lesnar was at the top and no one touched that. His return drew because people wanted to see him destroy Cena but Vince being an idiot and trying to prove that WWE > UFC destroyed everything after that. Don't even get me started on the match with Triple H because no one gave a fuck about their 3rd match and how Brock was booked until that point.

I say we through out that 100% requirement that the game has for the gimmick. If you are such a major name in wrestling that even non-wrestling fans know who you are, you're a pretty big deal. I wouldn't make the case for all Legends and Hall of Famers to be unique, but certainly the top names of each Era deserve the credit.

I would say Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Stone Cold, The Rock, HBK, Bret Hart, Mick Foley, CM Punk, John Cena, Undertaker, Sting, Chris Jericho, Edge, and Triple H are all more then deserving of the unique gimmick in my personal opinion.

So Cena (this is debatable) or Punk are more known outside WWE than Brock Lesnar? :facepalm:

Edited by hippie