The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

Someone needs to be slapped if we sign Sagna for 150k a week when everyone knows damn well he will be 2nd choice.

Oh, also add the fact that everyone is watching our finances with a microscope on 100x

Oh, here we go - another Bayern player joining United. Mandzukic this time, according to the Daily Mail. He's had a bust up with Pep, apparently.

So that's Kroos, Muller, Robben and Mandzukic joining us this summer. Awesome!

...they might get one right eventually. :/

Meanwhile on Twitter, Ashley Cole has pretty much confirmed that he's off:

"I am weighing up my options for playing next season with my agent and sadly it does not look like chelsea will be one of them."

You're the man, Ash. And still a great player for whomever might pick you up.

Ameobi is decent. You know what you're getting with him. He'll never bang in 20 a season but he'll hold the ball up well, score a few headers and some rare moments of appearing like a good footballer!

I get that being a forward isn't all about scoring goals... but it's mainly about scoring goals. In the past four seasons of the EPL Shola has been in he has has 11 goals 9 assists in 103 games, that's getting to Torres territory. Though in his defence he had more appearances in that games list as a sub than a starter which can potentially lower someones goal-game ratio. I'm not saying he is terrible or even a bad buy for a team like Hull, they don't have a player like him at the moment, but most of all they need goal scorers and he is not really that sort of player.

In the past four seasons of the EPL Shola has been in he has has 11 goals 9 assists in 103 games, that's getting to Torres territory.

Torres' Premier League stats for Chelsea is 20 goals in 110 games (dunno about total assists, apparently this season it was 5).

Clearly Torres is twice the player Shola ever was!

..................That's possibly the faintest praise I have ever bestowed upon another human being. :unsure:

• Like 5

Yaya Touré's agent says he wants to leave because nobody wished him a happy birthday. :lol:

...Oh my God, his agent's quotes. The quotes are amazing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2633361/Yaya-Toures-agent-says-midfielder-wants-quit-Manchester-City-birthday-snub.html

That's got to be the best transfer related story/rumour at a long time.

Does have a point though, I'd be upset if none of my team mates wished me a happy birthday

Some more paper talk;

Rodwell is wanted back by Everton for 5m.

Jose will hijack City's Mangala pursuit with a 35m bid.

Villa will offer Lescott 70k a week to join them.

And then United are being given 200m to spend this summer, which has been mentioned before Moyes even got sacked.

Nobody is as bad as Rooney. It's almost like clockwork now. About 2 years into a deal, he'll throw a hissy fit and United will give him another inflated 5 year contract.

Edited by TCO

Some more paper talk;

And then United are being given 200m to spend this summer, which has been mentioned before Moyes even got sacked.

No, we won't.

Er, can't.

Some more paper talk;

This would be ridiculous. We are massively stacked at centreback, even if we sold Luiz.

Pick any four from Terry, Cahill, Kalas, Zouma, Omeruo, Chalobah...AND add Ivanovic in as a fifth standby from RB.

My main cause for concern about Costa has moved on from "he's a prick who will spend half the season suspended" to "he appears to be injuring his hamstring every other week"...