The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

Surely West Ham wouldn't need him after just loaning Jenkinson?

His contract is expiring, he's getting older but I kinda don't want that to happen. Liverpool aren't swimming in wingbacks.

Surely Johnson is worth keeping as a backup at least?

Not on the wages he's on. And honestly, I'd rather have Flanagan playing than him at this point, and I don't even rate Flanagan like everyone else does.

£4m? That's mental.

He's only got a year left on his deal, he's on the verge of hitting 30, he isn't very good and his wages are massive.

Edited by Nerf

I have a friend who would actually throw a party on the day that Glen Johnson leaves Liverpool.

(He'll then find some other player to blame for everything, but that's fans for you. :shifty:)

I have a friend who would actually throw a party on the day that Glen Johnson leaves Liverpool.

(He'll then find some other player to blame for everything, but that's fans for you. :shifty:)

You should introduce him to Nerf.

Honestly if Liverpool manage to sign Manquillo and Moreno, then yes they won't need Johnson. Johnson is another player that seems a bit injury prone, and when fit pretty much a liability in defence. He has been with the team for a long time now though, and has good understanding with the players and the system, but he just doesn't offer anything defensively and his attacking potency (his main strength) was greatly diminished last season as well. I'd be happy for him to go at this point, especially if Liverpool can bring in their side back targets. It may also be an opportunity for a fit Martin Kelly to get more game time, which has to happen sooner rather than later.

Martin Kelly will only be squad rotation/backup. Injuries have hampered him too much for him to be a regular first teamer.

Johnson just doesn't look arsed anymore, few seasons ago he was great at going forward but even now his best skill isn't even that good anymore. Think it's best for both parties if we can cash in on him now and reduce the wage bill.

• Like 1

How do you know he's not talking about Nerf? <_<

How do you know he's not talking about Nerf? <_<

He said friend.

• Like 1