The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

Really? I would say that 3/4 of the supporters are happy with this transfer window. The only downside was Ben Davies going, but Neil Taylor is just as good in the same position.

Michu is injury prone, isn't interested in playing for the club and has been replaced by Gylfi, who is bound to score and assist.

Vorm cost us several points last season: rushed out against Palace, conceded a shocking goal against Southampton, didn't save Ba's shot against Chelsea, and is generally useless if a shot isn't directly at him. Fabianski doesn't have the name value, but he's a good replacement.

Gomis scored fourteen goals in thirty three games, last season. I think Jefferson Montero will add quite a few assists.

I'm rubbish at betting in fairness.

Southampton deserve to be relegated. Such a chronic lack of ambition is embarrassing.

There's being too ambitious and blowing huge amounts of money on shite like QPR and now there's the opposite end with Southampton. They've pretty much lost the entire spine of the team, next seasons going to be hard cause even if they sign replacements it's gonna take time to gel.

If Lukaku does go, apparently preferring 30+ games per season at a non-CL team to 30+ games per season at a CL team (which is what even our second striker gets), simply because he can't bring himself to have *any* competition for a spot for which he would have to knuckle down and work, then...good riddance.

You will get a bunch of stupid figures now (saw £25m quoted the other day, wuuuut), but at the time it was "up to £18 million", with the majority of places I've seen saying it was around £13 million with add-ons that could eventually take it to £18 million (whatever said add-ons were).

EDIT: Although having just looked at wikipedia, they say it was £10m rising to £17m...so meh.

Don't forget Southampton are being managed by Ronald Koeman and have one of the best academies in the world.

When he joined Feyenoord they were in financial trouble, he got them to the 2nd spot, and by the time the CL Qualifying Round came around they had to sell the majority of the squad, he then spent 2 seasons building the team with youth players, before finishing 2nd again, having the most players in the Dutch squad at the World Cup, and one of the best represented team in the semi final stages, and 3 of those players of course got bought away from Feyenoord after a great World Cup.

Southampton have made a huge profit and have a manager more than capable of doing great with an amazing youth academy, they'll be fine for another top half finish I reckon.

Everton have called a live news conference for 7pm. It is expected that they will announce Lukaku.

I will be too busy watching Chelsea vs. Vitesse Chelsea B-team at the time. :shifty:

Incidentally, line-up for 6:30pm KO:

Cech, Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Cahill, Luis, Van Ginkel, Fabregas, Matic, Salah, Costa, Torres

Subs: Beeney, Zouma, Terry, Chalobah, Ake, Romeu, Baker, Boga, Solanke

Mmm, looks like a 4-3-3 (with Torres out wide).

A substitute just came on for Vitesse (3-1 from Salah, Fabregas and Matic, followed by a late consolation past Beeney btw), whose name is MARVELOUS.

Literally: MARVELOUS.

Sign him up!

• Like 2

If Lukaku does go, apparently preferring 30+ games per season at a non-CL team to 30+ games per season at a CL team (which is what even our second striker gets), simply because he can't bring himself to have *any* competition for a spot for which he would have to knuckle down and work, then...good riddance.

I don't think that's entirely fair, he would have now been behind Costa, Drogba and Torres, if he did somehow manage 30+ games the vast majority would be from the bench, and Mourinho doesn't seem to rate him too highly either.