The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

Liverpool are gonna need to get a considerable amount of goals from the likes of Markovic, Sterling, Lambert, and Borini if they're going to stay in the top 4. I don't see Sturridge lasting a whole season, Gerrard having poor form from playing too much, and Coutinho shooting and missing a whole lot.

Seriously, I love Coutinho, but he either needed to have spent the entire summer working on his shooting, or be restricted to 1 shot per game.

Surely the biggest test for Liverpool is how they handle Europe? I truly believe that they were helped to 2nd last year because they only had the league to concentrate on. They had just the one game per week for a number of months, allowing them to play their first XI almost every week. They won't be able to do that this season, unless they are knocked out of everything else by February.

DONE DEAL accepted.

Edit: Leaning on a shelf, the photographer's getting creative. He should properly start taking the piss now, leaning on a sink, leaning on Brendan Rodgers, leaning outside Goodison Park for some reason.

This close enough?

14EVERTONLEAK2.jpg

Surely the biggest test for Liverpool is how they handle Europe? I truly believe that they were helped to 2nd last year because they only had the league to concentrate on. They had just the one game per week for a number of months, allowing them to play their first XI almost every week. They won't be able to do that this season, unless they are knocked out of everything else by February.

Well, we can test that theory again this season, huh?

• Like 1

Least we've done the smart thing in adding depth and not just depth but good options. We won't be challenging for the title like last season but I could see us being top 4 again just because the squad as a whole is a lot better.

Look at our bench this year compared to last season. When shite like Victor Moses and Iago Aspas are you're options on the bench last season compared to this season it's promising for us to be consistently challenging for Europe.

With the style of football we play we should get goals without suarez anyway, however it means added pressure to the likes of Sterling, Coutinho (who is great at everything apart from shooting) etc to spread the load.

Edited by DavidMarrio

Hm, should've at least given it a go. Guess we'll be going in for Depay now, if the rumours are true. But you never know, if Poch is happy with how Lennon will do on the left, and if he likes Chadli, maybe he won't buy anyone there.

Great signing for Atletico. Makes sense for Griezmann too, going to top club without having a lifestyle overhaul and having to learn a new language.

Whoever runs the club deserves massive praise. They regularly have a huge squad turnover but still manage to have a great team year in, year out.

• Admin

Lots of outlets now reporting that we are very close to the signings of Rodriguez and Schneiderlin, which more or less completes the pillaging of Southampton.

They would be two good signings but I refuse to believe it until it's on our website!