The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

I love this bit on their website.

Origi arrives at Anfield having been tracked by the club since his days playing for the Belgian U15 national team and the Reds beat competition from Barclays Premier League and European sides to land his signature.

See, what do you mean? We totally heard of him before the World Cup. Totally.

Edited by TCO

I love this bit on their website.

Origi arrives at Anfield having been tracked by the club since his days playing for the Belgian U15 national team and the Reds beat competition from Barclays Premier League and European sides to land his signature.

See, what do you mean? We totally heard of him before the World Cup. Totally.

With "the club" they're referring to Nerf.

• Like 1

I feel so sorry for Southampton fans.

They could take solace in the fact that if he goes Spurs he'll probably get snapped by Charlie Adam at some point.

I feel so sorry for Southampton fans.

They could take solace in the fact that if he goes Spurs he'll probably get snapped by Charlie Adam at some point.

Ha, shows what you know, Adam will be way too distracted by trying to injure Christian Eriksen and oh god now I'm depressed.

• Like 1

• Admin

Jay Simpson is on course to complete a deal with Leyton Orient - he has had a medical with the club. Leyton Orient have also now confirmed the signing of former Reading midfielder Jobi McAnuff.

Former Valencia captain Ricardo Costa has taken a new turn in his career by joining Qatari side Al-Sailiya. Last week the 33-year-old defender rescinded his contract with Valencia a year before it was due to expire, allowing him to move to Qatar without a transfer fee.
Ashkan Dejagah has left Fulham to join Qatar side Al-Arabi on a permanent deal for an undisclosed fee. Dejagah has reportedly signed a four-year contract with Al-Arabi worth £80,000-a-week.
Sky Sports understands Blackburn Rovers are considering a move for former Sunderland defender Carlos Cuellar. Cuellar has linked up with Blackburn for training after leaving Sunderland earlier this summer.
Ross Barkley has signed a new four-year deal at Everton until 2018.
Nottingham Forest have signed winger Chris Burke on a two-year deal.
Blackpool have completed their fourth signing of the week after striker Nathan Delfouneso agreed terms to return to the club on a one-year deal. They're up to 12!

Verona have completed the signing of Uruguayan central defender Guillermo Daniel Rodriguez from Torino on a permanent deal.

• Admin
Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins has admitted that striker Wilfried Bony could leave the Liberty Stadium if the 'right offer' is made.
“Wilfried Bony is a fantastic professional," Jenkins told TalkSport. "If a top Champions League club comes in, and puts the right offer on the table, then of course we will speak to him.

Jay Simpson and Kevin Lisbie up front, McAnuff and Cox, and possibly Darius Henderson from Forrest and Carl Baker from Coventry...

Its looking tasty. If we get Henderson I can see us playing more direct during the season because he is a bit of a head on a stick.

So glad I got my season ticket.

I'm tempted to put a bet on Swansea going down this year. There hasn't been the Southampton style demolition but they certainly seem to be weakening, and I'm not overly sure on Gomis.

Really? I would say that 3/4 of the supporters are happy with this transfer window. The only downside was Ben Davies going, but Neil Taylor is just as good in the same position.

Michu is injury prone, isn't interested in playing for the club and has been replaced by Gylfi, who is bound to score and assist.

Vorm cost us several points last season: rushed out against Palace, conceded a shocking goal against Southampton, didn't save Ba's shot against Chelsea, and is generally useless if a shot isn't directly at him. Fabianski doesn't have the name value, but he's a good replacement.

Gomis scored fourteen goals in thirty three games, last season. I think Jefferson Montero will add quite a few assists.

Whilst I think it's a shame the Southampton side is being absolutely gutted, as I really like them, they'd be bonkers not to sell. They've doubled their money on Lovren within a season, and sold everyone else (with the exception of Rickie Lambert) for well above their market value and what they'd have assessed them as 12 months previous.

But if they don't get in some quality replacements, which they haven't yet and then get relegated, which seems a distinct possibility, then the TV money losses offset their transfer profits.