The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

The new TV money has kicked in this summer, hence the more money being spent.

This, basically. The market is inflated to levels we've never seen before this year so the new £25m is essentially the £16m of last season.

Edited by Nerf

Whilst I think it's a shame the Southampton side is being absolutely gutted, as I really like them, they'd be bonkers not to sell. They've doubled their money on Lovren within a season, and sold everyone else (with the exception of Rickie Lambert) for well above their market value and what they'd have assessed them as 12 months previous.

I'm sure West Ham fans would retrospectively go back in time and accept Liverpool's £15mill bid for Carlton Cole.

About Mangala... He is really good, but I don't know if he will do great in a top european team. I always found him to have some positioning issues. When Fernando was in form, Mangala looked much better than last year when Fernando was clearly thinking about leaving Porto and couldn't care less. That happened because Fernando always did a great job covering the center backs.

Edited by GoN_

• Admin

Lots of outlets now reporting that we are very close to the signings of Rodriguez and Schneiderlin, which more or less completes the pillaging of Southampton.

They would be two good signings but I refuse to believe it until it's on our website!

Skybet have now suspended the betting on Schneiderlin to Spurs.

• Like 1

Agger is supposedly close to signing for Barca. He flew home from the tour the other day cause of "fitness reasons"

I'll miss Agger if he does leave. The guy loves the club, he's always given his all and he can be a good player on his day but he's too fragile. If he wasn't so injury prone he could have possibly been one of the best in the world due to his potential.

The Express are now saying that Kagawa/Hummels and Nani/Vermaelen swap deals could happen.

Very unlikely. Can't see Arsenal wanting Nani any more (rumours they were interested a while back), but Kagawa could easily end up back at Dortmund - don't think we'd get Hummels in return though.

Sad to see Maguire go, but he'll be ace for them.