The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

• Admin
Arsenal are close to completing the signing of Southampton defender Calum Chambers for a fee of about £16m. The England Under-19 international underwent a medical on Friday. Chambers, 19, has made 25 senior appearances for the Saints and Arsenal see him as an option at right-back, centre-back or in a more advanced role. Any confirmed Chambers deal is likely to see right-back Carl Jenkinson, 22, leave Arsenal on loan to gain regular first-team football.
Now Chambers is a good young player, but dat fee :lol:

Sunderland have signed Netherlands international Patrick van Aanholt from Chelsea for an undisclosed fee.

QPR have recalled Brazil goalkeeper Julio Cesar from his loan spell at Toronto.

Only if those players are replaced well and they don't do a "Spurs" (though this season will be where we see if Spurs wasted their money or everyone just needed to settle in). Who have they signed so far out of interest?

Edited by Hugobomb

Only if those players are replaced well and they don't do a "Spurs" (though this season will be where we see if Spurs wasted their money or everyone just needed to settle in). Who have they signed so far out of interest?

Dusan Tadic from Twente and Graziano Pelle from Feyenoord.

Has nobody realised that Southampton only finished 8th last season, and that as a result their entire team can't be that good? They're just trendy right now, that's all. I could probably get someone to pay £10 million for me if I played for Southampton.

• Like 1

Has nobody realised that Southampton only finished 8th last season, and that as a result their entire team can't be that good? They're just trendy right now, that's all. I could probably get someone to pay £10 million for me if I played for Southampton.

Liverpool would come in with a £25m bid just to be safe

They're young, good players and had a good season when you take into account what people expected for Southampton. And they're English. Did you expect anything else?

Okay, they might have done better than expected - for Southampton - but that doesn't mean that raiding their squad is going to be the answer for clubs with Champions League ambitions.