The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

That's brilliant, at least he's honest. :lol:

Looking at the article now though and it's not there/real. Aww :(

Oh and DONE DEAL, triple stamp no erasies, James Rodriguez to Real Madrid.

BtKzHevCYAEUlqY.jpg

That's going to be a scary front line next season.

Edited by TCO

What a waste of space he's been.

Apparently we've agreed a fee of around £8mil with Juventus for Mauricio Isla. He's a versatile right back who can play on the right or in the centre of midfiled. I'll believe it when I see it. I'm sure he's a good player but after all the signings so far, anything that's not a centre back or a striker is just misuse of funds.

Theories include moving Sissoko into the middle and sticking Isla on the right or have him playing as a defensive midfielder, along with providing cover for right back.

Pinch of salt with it but apparently it was on SSN earlier.

EDIT: Found it on Sky Sports

"Chilean publication El Mercurio is reporting that Newcastle have reached an agreement with Juventus for Mauricio Isla. An £8million fee is said to have been agreed for the full-back, who will join on a four-year contract."

Edited by TCO

DONE DEAL.

qpr are looking like a much stronger side on paper than last year, I am curious to see how they end up caulking it up.

You'd expect them to be stronger than last year cause they were in the championship :P

Caulker is a good signing though, good defender and a lot better than when they signed Samba....

Ospina and Szczesny at Arsenal?

Forster and Boruc at Southampton?

Lloris and Vorm at Spurs?

Cech and Courtois at Chelsea?

Four of those very good goalkeepers are going to find themselves on the bench a lot.

Similiarly, I am actually hoping that Liverpool end up with Reina and Mingolet next season - there doesn't seem, yet, to be any sign of Reina going off anywhere (although I wouldn't be surprised if he did). I'd much rather that than having Brad Jones on the bench. He's awful.

brad_jones_2_demotivational_poster_by_eu

Did amuse me to no end to see that three of our goalkeepers went on to move to teams like Chelsea and Liverpool.

I mean Schwarzer I understand, he's always been decent. But Brad Jones moving to Liverpool and then Ross Turnbull to Chelsea was fucking hilarious.

I could either say that nothing was hilarious about Ross Turnbull...or that everything was.

Wasn't that your other goalie?

I forgot about Hilario. I suppose that makes Turnbull entirely un-hilarious be default.

There's also Jamal Blackman (Colly's favourite) and Mitchell Beeney (son of former Leeds keeper Mark Beeney).