The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

Nah cause normally Arsenal sign 16 year olds instead. Don't worry they'll finish 4th they always do.

We have supposedly enquired about getting Isco on loan from Madrid. And according to some websites a fee of 15-20mil depending on the site has been agreed for Lovren

Falcao could be next. They could do with another CB though.

They're going to play Falcao at CB.

That would be a bit daft.

RealMadridCF_TacticsOverview.png

• Like 2

Don't we do 'Arsenal have signed ____________, they've got to be favourites for the title' every July?

No? They never spent fuck all until they bought Ozil last year.

Did they?

2013/14 - £42m so far

2012/13 - £48m before Ozil, £90m inc. Ozil

2011/12 - £54m

2010/11 - £14.5m

2009/10 - £10m

2008/09 - £16m

2007/08 - £31m

2006/07 - £14m

2005/06 - £37m

2004/05 - £4.5m

2003/04 - £20m

Given Wenger's reputation for 'buying low, selling high', he's spent far more since he became manager than he's recouped.

It's always Arsenal's year, just like it's always Liverpool's year till September, last year not included.

You would think with Sanchez, Ozil, Cazorla, Walcott, Wilshere, Giroud, Khedira and Ramsey they would be in with a title shout..

... then you look at Chelsea, who have Diego Costa, Hazard, Willian, Fabregas, Ramires, Schurrle, Oscar and suddenly they look second best on paper. And that's without considering Man City.

The top 4 is so competitive now.

I know what you're getting at, but the league isn't won and lost on attacking players. Liverpool got away with outscoring the opponent last year, but I've got a feeling that whoever has the best defensive record out of the top teams will win next year. Definitely fancy Chelsea's chances now they've signed Costa and Febregas.

Nah cause normally Arsenal sign 16 year olds instead. Don't worry they'll finish 4th they always do.

We have supposedly enquired about getting Isco on loan from Madrid. And according to some websites a fee of 15-20mil depending on the site has been agreed for Lovren

Falcao could be next. They could do with another CB though.

They're going to play Falcao at CB.

That would be a bit daft.

RealMadridCF_TacticsOverview.png

Poor Rodriguez still unable to get in the side.

Obviously Rodriguez is replacing Isco. :shifty:

I can't ever recall anyone on here saying it's Arsenals year. Even now I wouldn't say it, I just find it laughable how nothing we ever do is good enough. When we were paying the stadium off it was always "lol Wenger is a paedo all he does is buy 16 yo kids" an now he's actually buying world class players, he's bought Ozil, Sanchez, and quite possibly Khedira, Ballotelli and Ospina, it's the same old nonsense. "Lol nine years without a trophy!" Until we won the FA cup then it goes back to "lol will finish fourth like always".

It's like last year "arsenal are shit won't finish too four" for fully half a season when we were top of the league until half our best players got injured and we fell away to shit everyone couldn't wait to jump on saying "HAH TOLD YOU".

Nobody expects arsenal to win the league. I don't get why people still cling to the jokes as if we are expecting it.

• Like 1

Nobody expects arsenal to win the league. I don't get why people still cling to the jokes as if we are expecting it.

Why would we be joking when we say things like "Arsenal won't win the league, they'll fuck it up in the spring"? It's a statement of fact. :/

• Like 2