The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

I've missed Arry in the Premier League.

"Rio had an offer from another top London club, no two top London clubs".

Not transfer related, but now he thinks England should have easily topped a 'very poor group'. Fuck me.

You could have got him for £30m six weeks ago...

Considering he signed for Monaco for £35m last summer I highly doubt they'd sell him for that.

Edited by Dan
  • Like 3

This feels a bit 'Galactico' to me. They'll never be able to accommodate all of these.

I agree.

Id argue a line-up including Ronaldo, Bale, Benzema, Kroos and Rodriguez is far more potent than a team with Ronaldo, Zidane, Figo and Beckham though. And if they add Falcao, that's pretty frightening.

I do not want to see him dancing with fake Ronaldo and Bale. I don't have a strong enough stomach for that.

Surely Ronaldo would never join in to dance with anybody else's goal celebration.

• Like 5

Do people other than kids actually get names on the back of their kit?

Have you not been in a crowd of football fans, like, ever

I don't tend to look at the crowd when I go the match, tend to focus on the footy and ignore everyone else :P Plus if I do see people wearing kits they tend not to have a name on the back unless they are kids or you see some middle aged full kit wanker walking around town after the game. Edited by DavidMarrio

Do people other than kids actually get names on the back of their kit?

Have you not been in a crowd of football fans, like, ever

I don't tend to look at the crowd when I go the match, tend to focus on the footy and ignore everyone else :P Plus if I do see people wearing kits they tend not to have a name on the back unless they are kids or you see some middle aged full kit wanker walking around town after the game.

I did mean walking around outside the ground, not crowd-watching inside it while the match is on. :shifty:

While I concur that I've only seen little kids in full kit, typically the number of people wearing a replica shirt with a name on the back is a seriously significant proportion. Unless they're all wearing coats, of course.

I'm just swiftly coming to the conclusion that you're semi-blind. :P

Well Tbf I go into the ground literally for kickoff so most of the people are already in there. I probably do see them I just choose to ignore them

I prefer the term visually impaired :(

Stoke are lookin to get Assaidi for 4/5 Mil, I'd be happy with that. Shame his career here never really amounted to anything so far, thought he had potential but just didn't seem like he could ever get in the team. Stoke are interested in Bojan too...poor guy tipped as one of the players for the future and now he could be goin Stoke.

Rather awkward that I catch myself looking at Filipe Luis and thinking "...stupid hair...", then remember that I had near-identical hair until eight months ago. :shifty:

filipe-luis-deal-completed.img.png

(P.S. our new home shirt is still terrible)