The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

Falcao could be next. They could do with another CB though.

They're going to play Falcao at CB.

Sami Khedira is set to be unveiled as a new Arsenal player on Monday, according to reports.

The Real Madrid midfielder has been linked with a move to The Gunners this summer after recent stories in the Spanish media suggested that Los Blancos had agreed a £19.8m fee with the north London club.

Despite Khediras agent insisting that his client was not in talks with Arsenal, CaughtOffside has now claimed that the Emirates Stadium outfit have agreed personal terms with the Germany international and will confirm the midfielders capture on Monday.

Arsenal manager, Arsene Wenger, was asked about Khedira following the clubs 2-0 win over Boreham Wood in a pre-season friendly on Saturday, but, refused to reveal which players he was targeting in the coming months.

I cant give you any names, Wenger told reporters.

We are still active. Sometimes the players you want are available very late. You do the deals when they are possible.

:w00t:

Source - .......the metro <_<

Wenger is trying to form the Real Madrid and Barcelona Castoffs XI. Shame he missed out on Fabregas, but Khedira will fit in nicely with Ozil, Sanchez and Arteta.

The standard of player that Real Madrid and Barcelona are happy to allow to leave for first team football is quite depressing.

Yeah my immediate thought was "La Liga keepers have to wear 1, 13 or 25, that's impossible!" rather than just laughing at the clever joke. I'm lame :(

If Arsenal manage to get Balotelli and Khedira they're going to be ridiculously strong next year. With United likely back in contention, it'd make for a brilliant season! Oh and I'd like Carroll back, assuming it's a fair fee without the English multiplier.

Don't we do 'Arsenal have signed ____________, they've got to be favourites for the title' every July?