The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

Liverpool swapping Remy for Borini and coming out with a £5.5 million profit is incredible.

That's what I was thinking, what sort of warped logic makes Borini £5.5mil better than Remy? Great signing for Liverpool, brilliant footballer and as clinical a finisher you'll likely to find. At that price there can be no complaints.

I'm going to miss him :(

He's a striker from Newcastle. They're just laying the foundations now so they can claim they were always against it when he Andy Carroll's it.

...he is from Newcastle right?

He was only on loan from QPR last season, so they're actually buying him from them.

Fuck, just remembered that he's going for £3mil less than Ross McCormack, what the fuck?! o_O

There is literally no formula or logic to transfer fees anymore, it's just 'pick a number'.

I mean, if I was working for Liverpool and someone phoned up offering £14m for Borini, I'd think it was a wind up.

• Like 1

Yes, but this is Newcastle we're talking about, which are now run as glorified Sports Direct shops.

They'll probably mispell the name and charge you for the extra letters.

new casle untied

I'm happy with the signing of Remy. Good player, good goalscorer and can create chances and he's played in the Prem. He's a much better option to have than Borini, as much as I like Borini and want him to be given a chance, you would have to be mental to turn it down.

Ian Ayre is playing a blinder!!! :pervert:

BP4lAJdCUAAfnyv.jpg

Edited by DavidMarrio

You have a problem with Remy, but you were fine with Suarez???

I was never fine with Suarez. I mean, it's a lot easier to forgive his misgivings when he's banging in 30 goals for fun, but I never liked him as a person.

Remy is much worse though. Even if we're ignoring the gang rape allegations, he's been an unsettling presence in every dressing room he's been in, puts himself before the team, throws a fit when he's not starting every game, and just generally isn't a very likeable person.

Cracking player, sure, but if Luis Suarez didn't do enough to make me love him, Loic Remy sure as shit ain't gonna.