The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

Paying ~30m for Herrera when they could have Kroos for 20m really makes whoever's in charge of their transfers look like a right mug for not trying harder.

Nothing you can do if a player doesn't want to go. Swapping Munich for Real Madrid isn't quite the same as Bilbao for United.

Our interest suddenly dropped when Real Madrid got involved, so it's a case of probably speaking to his agent and hearing Kroos would rather go there, and not wanting to chase an unrealistic target and be embarrassed like last summer just for the sake of 'looking like we're in for the top talents'. I think generally there's a concerted effort this year to talk less to the press about our targets and to go about our business quietly after the leaks last summer.

Rumours are starting to pick up in regards to James Rodriguez going to Real Madrid for around 80 million euros with Di Maria going to PSG for 60million Euros.

Rumours are starting to pick up in regards to James Rodriguez going to Real Madrid for around 80 million euros with Di Maria going to PSG for 60million Euros.

PSG's summer really is just one big "fuck you" to UEFA, isn't it?

Oriol Romeu has signed a contract extension.

... o_O

This is a guy who's barely been seen since AVB was at Chelsea. I don't get it.

EDIT: The only thing I can think of is a scenario where we're about to sell Mikel and don't want to go looking for another backup DM this summer, *but* do want to get a bit of cash for Romeu when we eventually sell him too (maybe next summer), hence an extension.

That is, of course, just a guess...