The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

Even when it's not about a new signing or a new kit, Chelsea will always have a tonne of shirts on the racks that have maybe the 5 or 6 most popular squad names already on (so above I can see Terry, Hazard, Oscar, Torres, Lampard, plus Cech), as well as plenty of blank shirts too. Just to prevent increasingly massive queues at the shirt printing area, I guess.

Do club shops actually do that? I've never seen premade kits in the Newcastle shop, or are they just stocking up on K's?

I've seen it happen a few times. Barcelona stores were stocking Suarez shirts before the deal was even agreed, for a recent example.

Yes, but this is Newcastle we're talking about, which are now run as glorified Sports Direct shops.

They'll probably mispell the name and charge you for the extra letters.

Do people other than kids actually get names on the back of their kit? I haven't had a name on the back since I was 14/15

Do people other than kids actually get names on the back of their kit?

Have you not been in a crowd of football fans, like, ever?

Side-note: It's been confirmed that Demba Ba's move to Besiktas is for 6 million euros - and even that's payable over four installments. Bargain.

Yaya Toure has said on Sky Sports that he hopes to stay at Manchester City for "as long as possible". That smacks of "PSG didn't want me, so I'll stay".

This contradicts the Daily Mirror (shock!), who reported that Toure wanted to leave and rejected an approach from Manchester United, of all clubs.

That Iturbe to Roma deal is weird, he only signed on a permanent deal for Verona in May for like £12m?

Easy. Hellas Verona agreed with Porto on the loan deal last year, that they could get him foi 15 million euros at the end of the season. From what I heard through the season, Iturbe did great in the Italian League, and Juventus and Roma were interested in getting him. So... Hellas signed him to re-sell him to a bigger club and get some profit from it.

Looks like James "There's no way he's going anywhere this year, no sir, no way, nope" Rodriguez is heading for Real for £63m.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/james-rodriguez-to-real-madrid-spanish-giants-agree-terms-with-player-ahead-of-63m-move-9611891.html

Nobody said that, they said for silly money.. which 63m arguably is, nevermind his wages are probably going to be astronomical too.

• Like 1