The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

Why would Liverpool play him if they're trying to sell him?

From what I've read, he isn't keen on the move and would rather fight for his place. I suppose that's fair since his profile seemed to rise thanks to the loan and now there's no Suarez. Though, I suppose he could just be using that as an excuse and is waiting for someone better then Sunderland. I hear Fiorentina are MONITORING the situation.

Seems that way. Also Liverpool rejected an earlier lower bid for Borini from Sunderland, who then came back with the £14 million bid. For me that sounds like Sunderland want to buy more than Liverpool want to sell or the player wants to go.

• Admin

Is there a list of all the major transfers from this window up to now going around?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/transfers/

Manchester City have released a video that appears to show Porto defender Eliaquim Mangala signing for the club. The France international, 23, has been linked with a £32m move to City and was spotted in Manchester this month but no official announcement has been made. However, a clip on the club's website - which has since been taken down - shows the player having a medical.
Sunderland are close to a deal to sign Chelsea left-back Patrick van Aanholt, reports BBC Newcastle. The 23-year-old, who has a year to run on his contract, spent the last two-and-a-half seasons at Vitesse Arnhem.

Everton are close to completing the signing of Ferencvaros midfielder Muhamed Besic. The 21-year-old, who played in all three of Bosnia-Hercegovina's matches at the World Cup, has joined Everton on their pre-season tour of Thailand. He will complete his move when Roberto Martinez's side return next week.
Cardiff City striker Fraizer Campbell has joined Crystal Palace. The London side triggered the forward's release clause, believed to be around £900,000, along with Premier League rivals Leicester City.

Millwall have signed former Everton striker Magaye Gueye on a free transfer.

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho says Didier Drogba "belongs" at the club as he considers re-signing the striker - the deal is believed to be almost completed.
  • Like 1

Pearce went on to say Remy should be announced in a few days and Origi is in Boston having a medical.

Why isn't that sign capitalised?

He's actually signed for Point Michelsea FC in the Dominican Republic.

I, for one, cannot wait to see what aging striker from an African nation Chelsea sign next season.

• Like 2