The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

Has nobody realised that Southampton only finished 8th last season, and that as a result their entire team can't be that good? They're just trendy right now, that's all. I could probably get someone to pay £10 million for me if I played for Southampton.

Liverpool would come in with a £25m bid just to be safe

You wish Villa could spend 25mil on a player let alone 25mil in total :P

Why would it not be the same?

EDIT: Googling news articles from the time of his signature, obviously they probably know nothing but what I've found is...

Guardian - no mention

BBC - no mention

Mirror - "over £100,000 per week"

Sky Sports - no mention

Telegraph - "over £100,000 per week"

Daily Mail - "£100,000 per week"

Etc.

Latest rumours are that Lukaku is set to sign for Wolfsburg for 25m euros...

(Although I have since been informed that the original source for this is unreliable even in comparison to most unreliable rumour monkeys)

If Luke Shaw is on 100k at Man Utd, I will honestly give up on football.

No you won't :/

I probably could to be honest. An unproven, overrated 18-year old full back on £100,000 a week may well be the tipping point.

I'm not 100% sure why £100,000 per week (£5,200,000 per year) is massively more objectionable than, say, £50,000 per week (£2,600,000 per year)...

• Like 2

Your frame of reference for wages is probably about 10 years off, the only thing reserved for the top players (and Wayne Rooney) now is 300k.

that is a nice signing for Arsenal.