Halo 1-4 remastered

Dan

Halo: The Master Chief Collection has been revealed for Xbox One.

According to a report from Engadget, the Master Chief Collection will include remastered versions of Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo 4 and will be out this year.
Halo: The Master Chief Collection aims to refresh gamers' memories about Master Chief in advance of Halo 5: Guardians, which was announced today. As such, Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach won't be included.
Microsoft has not given details on the project. It's still unknown who's developing, the resolution and frame rate, or if the collection will release on other platforms.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/05/16/halo-the-master-chief-collection-revealed

Holy smokes, that is going to be amazing!

It'll be interesting to see the price point for a 4 games in 1 package, wouldn't surprise me to see it around £45 though.

Funny how the URL mentions that the collection has been "revealed", yet the article headline states that it's only "rumoured". Still, I'd probably give this a look if I owned an Xbox One. I didn't particularly take to Halo 2 or 3, but I had a lot of fun with the original, and I never tried Halo 4 because I'd grown tired of the franchise by then. A collection like this looks as though it would be an interesting way for players to catch up on the series' storyline, if nothing else.

There's already been rumblings that this may actually see a release on PS4.

I won't believe it until I see it, but with Bungie having done the first two Halo games, and with them releasing Destiny on PS4, it isn't out of the realm of possibility that they have some say in the matter and would choose to have the release be cross-platform.

I hope something happens where I can play Halo on my Playstation 4, because it's going to be a long ass time before I toss any money at the Xbox One.

Microsoft owns the Halo franchise, so there's no chance of this hitting PS4.

That's been my stance all day today, but people keep telling me not to be so sure about it.

Either way, I'm excited for this, but I probably won't get to play it until someone sells me an Xbone for $100.

I'm leaning towards a second platform being a PC release, if anything. But they really do need Halo to be an Xbox One exclusive to help drive sales. Other than Dead Rising 3 and Sunset Overdrive, nothing has really stood out as being tempting to someone who doesn't already want an Xbox One.