EWBFF Brian Bosworth League

HC

No, I've set it up so that guys are on waivers for two days after the week of games is through and they must be bidded on if you want them. After those two days, they become free agents and can be had for free until the next round of games starts. All of these guys become free agents on August 13th (you can bid on them now if you think someone else is snatching them) and they'll stay free agents until the Week 1 slate of games, at which point they will hit waivers again.

Fair enough, makes for a better use of the FAAB I guess :P

I did it because I was always lowest priority on the list last year and kept missing out on guys (mainly to HTTK I think) because they had a higher waive priority. FAAB makes everything much more fair. If you want that new breakout player, then you have to pay up! :P

I did it because I was always lowest priority on the list last year and kept missing out on guys (mainly to HTTK I think) because they had a higher waive priority. FAAB makes everything much more fair. If you want that new breakout player, then you have to pay up! :P

Fairest way to do it is reverse draft order until the end of the first week, then by record, last to first.

Fairest way to do it is reverse draft order until the end of the first week, then by record, last to first.

I feel doing it by record rewards a team for being bad. FAAB gives everyone the same amount to spend.

It's not a reward, it's an opportunity to get better. Eliminating that aspect puts teams that are underperforming at a disadvantage when they're the ones that actually need the help, not the guy that's in first place.

Edited by livid

It doesn't put then at a disadvantage at all. You can bid as much as anyone else. I can set the tiebreaker to be standings, but I'm not getting rid of FAAB. We all got to draft our teams. Even last year wasn't done by standings. It was done by number of waiver claims.

To expand on this, say Player X drafts really poorly and Player Y does a decent job. I understand the thought that Player X should have an opportunity to improve, but I don't think it means he should automatically have first access to the Keenen Allen's of 2014 because his draft sucked, and it's not fair to Player Y who isn't a top team but also doesn't stink enough to have top priority. I could understand this argument in real sports where teams have signed free agents, etc. But this is fantasy, and we've all drafted our teans for bettet or worse. With the blind bid style everyone's has the chance to imprive through snart bidding, and if you want a guy bad enough you spend your FAAB. I will set standings as the tiebreaker though.

Excuse the typos, I'm on mobile.

I feel doing it by record rewards a team for being bad. FAAB gives everyone the same amount to spend.

You do realise that this is how parity is supposed to work, right? A bidding system where you give the team who drafted well the ability to blow their wad on a guy who will be Flex 2/3 instead of giving it to the guy who is struggling, or got smashed with injuries, and needs a new starter-quality level is just absurd.

Parity? This isn't the NBA or any pro sports league. No one lost LeBron in free agency. No one is worrying about ticket sales. Parity is irrelevant. It's a game. A game where we all drafted our teams, and a game where everyone should have equal opportunity in regards to waivers. You wouldn't bitch about a lack of parity in CandyLand or Monopoly would you? Because that makes about as much sense as it does here. FAAB is not some new magical concept I came up with to fuck you guys. It's fairly common, and a lot of leagues use it for a good reason. If it's absurd, then I guess a good chunk of the fantasy leagues out there are absurd too. It's a strategy as well, it's not an auction, the bids are blind on one-time, and if anyone does "blow their wad" to get someone then they won't have the money to outbid anyone later will they? This is without even getting into the fact that we play in a 10 team league where there is always a nice amount of talent on free agency.

I am baffled this is even an issue considering last year in B-league we went off a random number for priority and you moved back based on number of additions. At the very least, FAAB is more fair than that.

Think of the global economic ramifications on fantasy football! :o

Seriously, though, you guys have made feel like Hitler or something. This isn't some radically new concept.