Football Manager 2015

Dan

Well, my arrogance reached a new peak and a low in quick fashion.

With every team hot and heavy trying to woo me for their side (including teams like Inter... And Blackpool?), I decided that I deserved a new deal, they refused, I leaked to the press, moneybags got angry, during the talk I said they couldn't find anyone better than me, and they thought otherwise... They axed me >_>

Well, time to strike out and take some other job... Notts Co looks awfully interesting.

I was in my first few days of managing Manchester United, leaked to the press about something I wasn't happy about and got the sack. <_<

• Like 1

Fuck sake.

Back from the winter break and Hermann wants a new contract. I convinced him to sack his agent which obviously makes it a bit cheaper to negotiate a contract overall, and he's end up on £65k per week. Not a bank-breaking weekly figure, but he's now the highest earner well out in front of Dominguez on £45k per week, with the rest earning £25k per week tops. I've decdied that for next season at least, nobody is earning more than £65k per week so it doesn't tear the club a new one financially.

Anyway, after negotiating Hermann's new deal, Hahn wants one too and won't sack his agent. So he's ended up on £65k per week too. Good job they're both key players and are imperative to the success of my tactic (Hermann as an IF - A on the right, Hahn as a retrained W - A on the left).

Just when I think I'm in the clear with contract negotiations, Korb's agent has started piping up about a new deal too...

Saying all this, a new contract for each of them is justified as they're all in the top 5 players at the club this season. Hermann has 10 goals and 9 assists in 26 games in all competitions with an average rating of 7.63, Hahn has 12 goals and 9 assists in 26 games in all competitions with an average rating of 7.41 and Korb has 0 goals but 7 assists in 26 games in all competitions with an average rating of 7.47. Shame Hermann has gone and got himself injured for a couple of weeks now.

Yeah if you give into contract demands whenever they come in, your wage bill will bloat beyond control in no time. Fuck the greedy bastards. They usually get over the concern pretty quick and they can get their negotiations with 18 months to go in their deal, like everyone else.

Even then, make sure to always set the contract to begin at the start of next season. Nifty little trick to save millions.

Edited by TCO

To be fair, I'd been meaning to give Hahn one because he has a stupid release clause of like £2.1m. He's now got a new one of £23m.

That end of the season trick...I'm going to try that in future. Never even realised that existed and I've played these games for close to a decade. Shows how much attention I pay...

Franco di Santo is fucking tearing shit up at Bayern Munich on my Gladbach save. They signed him half-way through the season after some good form at Bremen and now he's got 2 goals and 2 assists in 2 games there with an 8.70 rating, and he had 8 goals and 7 assists in 16 games at Werder Bremen with an average rating of 7.49.

He's become a good player in real life, but damn, he's fucking smashing it in FM.

• Like 1

To be fair, I'd been meaning to give Hahn one because he has a stupid release clause of like £2.1m. He's now got a new one of £23m.

That end of the season trick...I'm going to try that in future. Never even realised that existed and I've played these games for close to a decade. Shows how much attention I pay...

Pretty sure it's new to 15.

Bloody typical, all last season I had a great first string goalie in Kevin Trapp and a good second string in Jason Steele. Steele only got a single game in because Trapp was so good, but at least I had him. Due to a lack of games, Steele wanted to leave, so I let him and got a temporary backup who could grow into something decent, but not first string, whilst I tried to find a new permanent back up.

Lo' and behold, this season Trapp gets injured. This Euro Cup stuff is a pain in the ass, trying to manage fitness between everyone in that, the league, and two cups which have yet to start is going to kill my team. Plus side, now no-one should moan about not getting game time :shifty:

The backup goalie lost his extra black star, so he's not going to be any good for me beyond third string, so I've loaned Man U's super youth goalie in the hopes he'll grow affection for my side whilst on loan and I can get a closer look at him to see if he's worth bringing in long term.

Pretty sure it's new to 15.

Why do I find this out only now... I've been playing for seasons on end and I have never realized I could hold off the start-dates of new contracts to the end of the season, the amount of money I have wasted is staggering now...

Also, to answer your question about Peter Bosz. He had a long and semi-succesfull stint at Vitesse where he won a few league titles and the cup, then went on to Newcastle where he was average, and then Liverpool signed him... And now he's gone to manage the England squad.

Mostly spending the odd bit of time dicking about with super rich Irish teams on FM14.

I did notice that FM15 is on sale on steam. Debating whether or not I will buy it.

It's been a very slow off-season for my Liverpool side. I've been focusing on completely revamping my backroom (signed Stevie G as a coach) and making the training staff and scouting staff top notch like they were at Forest.

Also due to the lack of funds to play with i've been pretty limited in what I could do with new signings, and whilst I would want to get rid of the big earners, they're also easily my best players, and I don't think it would be smart to get rid of them when they have a big job to fulfill.

As a result my only two signings are of the veteran variety (as if the team wasn't old enough already) when I signed Lewis Holtby and Juanfran on a free. Neither will set the world alight, but they'll be useful for tutoring and reserve purposes... I also tried getting Daley Blind after Real Madrid let him go, but he asked too much and Queens Park Moneybags swooped in and got him instead.

So i'll have to play with the hand I got, and hopefully all this experience means we'll have an edge on the teams that aren't ancient like mine. Mentally the team is one of the best teams in the league, so that's nice I guess...

Anyways, here is the team and my starting squad.

997bd6ec79a456a07467b69a12b145a3.jpg

Oh, and my youth is pretty shit too beyond one very talented left back, a spot that's pretty stacked so I won't be able to give him PT either...

Three games in and onto the first international break.

Three games, three wins, and my first Manager of the Month award of the year (second ever).

Norwich 1-2 Liverpool

Liverpool 4-3 Man Utd

Liverpool 4-1 Stoke

The team has buttloads of scoring talent both on offense, and even the defense and midfield too. On the other hand, the Man Utd game was much too close and we should never had let through three goals.

Sterling is an assist machine, and there are 9 players with goals to their name already, with only Bilal getting two.

So basically, keep up the scoring, perhaps not concede more than a goal per game on average either... But three wins including United at home, that's a great tally for August.

2021 and I get Blackburn back into the CL places after winning the title 2 seasons ago and dropped off the boil since.

Only, I haven't since the final was between two English teams I had placed higher than in the league. Southampton in 7th robbed me of a CL place by winning it. :(