Football Manager 2015

Dan

So the second season has been pretty good, we lost to Barca in the first KO round of the CL after getting 2nd place in our group behind Valencia and we won the Capital One Cup, beating Newcastle 3-2 in the final with a last minute Kane goal. Chelsea beat us in the Semis of the FA Cup and we have one game left in the league and anything can happen.

We are 3pts clear with a game left ahead of Chelsea and face...Everton (Who we haven't won in the league yet). Knowing my luck we lose and Chelsea beat Man Utd and win the title. Kane and Balotelli have been a lethal combination with Kane getting 32 goals and 12 assists and Mario getting 30 goals and 18 assists. Sturridge wasn't as good this season, getting 9 goals and Coutinho and Maher are really challenging each other in the AMC Shadow Striker role, Maher with 17 goals and 12 assists and Coutinho with 15 goals and 7 assists.

I have already signed Jack Butland for 5m as the backup for Romero next season with the plan for him to slowly replace him. I tried for Scuffett but they wanted over 80m for him and even if he is world class I'd rather get Butland in who has lots of potential and is English. Also this means Mignolet will be leaving too. Jose Enrique won't accept a contract offer and will be leaving for free at the end of the season, not sure how much I would need to pay Utd to get him but Luke Shaw is a potential target, any other ideas for cheap but good Left Wing Backs? Also Dejan Lovren, Adam Lallana & Joe Allen all want to leave, so for the right price I might sell them.

Looking to get Gerrard back and then try for Romero who is still at Velez. Also I feel like Mitrovic will be leaving too as he hasn't been nearly as good as I expected, with 8 goals in two years. I will be giving Jerome Sinclair a shot at the first team to replace him a bit next year.

Lets just hope I manage to beat Everton now~ >_>

So I drew Everton 0-0 and Chelsea also drew which meant we won the league! Since then I made a few signings and started the third season with a penalty loss to Chelsea in the Community Shield after a 3-3 draw and then a 2-1 loss to Man City in the Prem opener. So not too great then.

Sold Allen, Mignolet, Lallana and Lovren for 41m between then and got in Gerrard for 600k, Ashley Cole for free after Enrique wouldn't resign, Phil Jones from Spurs for 30m to replace Lovren, then spent 40m to get Sergio Busquets in from Barca, thanks to some info from a new scout I hired. I also see a few top quality regens that I will probably end up buying in January, as I still have 15m to spend if needed.

Squad:

- Sergio Romero & Jack Butland

- Micah Richards, Phil Jones, Martin Skrtel & Mamadou Sakho

- Glen Johnson, Nathaniel Clyne, Ashley Cole & Alberto Moreno

- Steven Gerrard, Sergio Busquets, James Milner, Raheem Sterling, Youri Tielemans, Jordan Henderson, Phillipe Coutinho, Joao Moutinho & Adam Maher

- Divock Origi, Harry Kane, Daniel Sturridge & Mario Balotelli

"Our priority has always been the league..." :shifty:

I'm just annoyed because half the squad had their ambition be to win the cup this year. Plus side, we have finally managed to jump out of mid-table where we've been for three seasons and are challenging for Champions Cup places. Hopefully the board give an injection soon because I've held back on big money transfers in favour of improving youth and training facilities.

Won the conference with Gateshead finishing on 102 points, Adam Campbell finished on 42 league goals.

Now half my squad will disappear because: A) All their contracts are running out and B) They aren't good enough to warrant their contracts getting renewed. Gotta try and build a squad now for League 2.

• Like 1

I hate coming to work the day after getting (back) into an FM save. I could be leading Leicester into Europe, dagnabit.

I've finally found a replacement for Wes Morgan in Barcelona centre back Inusa, who I got for a steal at just under £2m considering his stats. Also have another Barca player coming to me at season end who'll bolster my midfield. Really need a new striker though, I have Podolski (free from Arsenal this season and playing fantastically, but he's in his 30s so won't last forever) and Di Santo (another free who's doing great and is at the prime of his career at 27) who are great, but my back up is John Guidetti (inconsistent at the best of times) and Will Keane (crap and constantly injured).

I also have the youngest squad in the league, and they're still improving, so really we have nowhere to go but up, but I need funds and I need that extra striker.

Stadium is being expanded at end of the season, so that should provide more cash flow since we've been at 97%+ all season (and yet the chairman still wasn't sure about expanding, wtf?).

• Like 2

Yeah, I started my game last Wednesday evening, and haven't been able to play it until later this afternoon. Looking forward to it!

Also, gonna sound like Ant here, and I'm only available Monday through Wednesday, but if anyone fancies a net game any time soon, I'd be up for giving it a crack.

I'm lucky that I've got the time off before starting this new job at the end of the month to get fully into a new FM save.

I'm sure I'll start having withdrawal symptoms at some point.