Football Manager 2015

Dan

I should go back on my Chengdu save and continue my diary. Just annoying knowing I haven't had the time to go on FM :(

I've done that playing as all the teams in the Premier League thing before, but never actually properly playing, was more of an experiment really so I would just holiday the whole season with every time using whatever tactic I'd had most success with on that game. I remember there being one time I looked at it at the end of the season and it was really close, like 1st weren't lightyears ahead of 20th and nearly every team had a pretty decent winning record.

Might do it again.

28lx4bb.png

That's the squad heading into the 5th season! Man City put together a package that could be worth up to £62mil for Berahino so I couldn't turn it down and Wilshere was the one who had the bite the dust due to my inflated midfield, he's gone to Everton for £15mil and a profit of £11.5mil. Only other loss was Moses Odubajo one my few remaining Brentford originals. James Tarkowski and Stuart Dallas are the only ones left now!

Incomings were Odegaard for the agreed fee of £28mil, Sisto from Barcelona to replace Berahino on the left for £18.5mil and £44mil on an unhappy Youri Tielemans from Juventus. Serge Gnabry was a free from Arsenal for some simple depth!

On the shopping list now is a right back, striker and maybe a centre back too if I my remaining £12mil can afford it! Should be a fun first year in the Champions League!

• Like 1

36 year old Xabi Alonso just signed for reigning champions Manchester United. He makes his debut at Anfield and gets sent off in a 5-4 thrilling defeat.

I love the little gems you find in long running games! They're also paying him 200k a week and Wayne Rooney is languishing in their reserves on 235k a week. :lol:

He's gone down to £375k in mine at 31, Ronaldo still going strong at £500k aged 33! In typical Man City fashion they sign Berahino for £46mil up front, potentially rising to £62mil from me, give him £235k a week and then he's an unused sub in their first two games.

• Like 1

Yeah, Ronaldo is getting paid £600k per week on mine. It's absolutely bizarre. Are they really getting VfM there?

Wages have always been messed up in FM because the game doesnt track player career earnings.

What this means is that they demand wages depending on who they play for, average team wages, their previous wage, skill and Reputation...

Age isnt a factor, so a player never really goes for a discount and continue demanding the jackpot regardless of how old they Are.

Same problem exists with free agents, they rather do nothing than accept a cheap 1 year deal that keeps them playing...

I don't think that's always the case... I've definitely had targets whose demands have reduced dramatically once they became a free agent, or players who request reduced salaries as their renew contracts at a later age (although I suppose this could equally run off their diminishing skill in some cases).

Yeah I just saw Rooney sit out a season and then retire at 33 because he wanted £125k a week. Well down on his normal demands but also far too high for the stats he had. It's amazing how quickly he deteriorates. Happens every game (although normally some team pick him up, never had him retire at 33 before.)

Edited by Sam

I don't think that's always the case... I've definitely had targets whose demands have reduced dramatically once they became a free agent, or players who request reduced salaries as their renew contracts at a later age (although I suppose this could equally run off their diminishing skill in some cases).

I'm not saying players never drop down, but it happens too little to really be consistent or realistic. Like Messi often has 30+ game seasons far into his 30's, and as a result the AI thinks he's still the toppest shit (which he'll still be deep into his 30's in FM), so as a result he'll ask a wage befitting a top player playing 30+ games at a top club, despite him maybe having the skills now of a mid-table or a top-team rotation guy.

Of course, there's also the crazier end of the scale where I have seen Rooney start playing for Burnley in the championship at age 32 after going away from Man Utd on a free.

But generally player contract logic is seriously flawed. Just like how players are shitting on your high end contract offers, then proceed to sign a much smaller contract to be a reserve guy at a comparable team. Which for all intents and purposes, is SI's attempt at making it easier for AI to sign and harder for you to sign.