I hate the show Bones

VerbalPuke

There was one cop show I actually liked, but I forget what it was called... 'Glades', I think?

Anyway, it was about a cop from Chicago, who slept with his bosses wife and got shot in the ass, who moves to Florida, and all kinds of shit happens, and he has this 'will they/won't they' relationship with this really cute nurse who I immediately fell in love with.

I liked that show. Is it still on?

Well if you get shot in the ass it's to be expected

There was one cop show I actually liked, but I forget what it was called... 'Glades', I think?

Anyway, it was about a cop from Chicago, who slept with his bosses wife and got shot in the ass, who moves to Florida, and all kinds of shit happens, and he has this 'will they/won't they' relationship with this really cute nurse who I immediately fell in love with.

I liked that show. Is it still on?

See, that sounds fun.

Like I said though, I don't even really hate the "Hey, we solve crimes with far fetched science" genre. It's the fucking characters. I said I wanted them all killed off and replaced with reptilian cyborgs, and I like that idea. I want their voices to be some reptilian hissy, raspy, forked tongue speak. "Hisssooo, we ssssollved the crimmme" "yessss....let'sssss eat pupiesss". In fact, I picture a TV show that has the goombas from the awful Mario Brothers movie bred with the reptiles that Hunter S. Thompson sees in his acid trip from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Get Jim Henson in on it, he's dead, but still, get him in there and make me a show that is going to win some awards.

Ya know what other show fucking sucked? Nip Tuck. God damn, talk about a show that had some purpose at first, sort of, and then just went off the fucking rails. And every character on that show was a complete fucking dirtbag. They belong on Sons of Anarchy, they were such rotten fucking humans (characters, the actors might be nice). I'm fucking your wife, and now you are fucking my wife, and your son is fucking my wife, and my son is fucking my wife, and I'm fucking my wife again, my son is fucking a transvestite, that I also fucked, while you watched, and let's do plastic surgery now.

Copper is a good show, how did that only get two seasons?

Edited by VerbalPuke

But... it's not as good a word as any. It's a medical drama. A procedural is something where a situation is introduced, and the same techniques and investigations are done and solved all within the same episode. House is a procedural. From the little I've seen of Grey's Anatomy, it's a procedural as well. E.R. is not.

There's nothing wrong with disliking medical dramas, but since you said that Scrubs isn't a procedural then neither is E.R. That's like saying Fargo is a procedural cop show.

What I have seen of E.R its the same stuff though. Mild drama in the personal lives of the characters involved but major incident's on the ward/hospital.

I haven't seen much (I'd say less than 20 but more than 10) but that's the gist I got out of it

It doesn't really matter through

Bones is hilarious. I love how they manage to find a mutilated corpse in every conceivable subculture or hobby. "Bones, we need you to get out there and solve the mystery of the murdered transexual midget LARPer whose family has been embroiled in a generations-long Hatfield & McCoys-esque feud."

Also, it's the most disgusting, graphic show on TV. If there was a horror movie where the masked slasher killed someone by melting them in a tanning bed, that shit would be NC-17, but on Bones, it's followed by an ad for tampons.

• Like 1

To fully appreciate ER you have to watch the first few Seasons. The show got progressively weaker when the original cast started to leave the show. They should've ended it after Green died. Or maybe until Carter took over. But it went on and on and on and by the last season it wasn't any better than Grey's Anatomy. Just with less fucking and not as over the top.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm watching Bones right now with my sister as I eat some lunch... Ugh this show..

"A small plastic humanoid"

I GET IT! BECAUSE YOUR SMART YOU CAN'T SAY DOLL!

• Like 2

To fully appreciate ER you have to watch the first few Seasons. The show got progressively weaker when the original cast started to leave the show. They should've ended it after Green died. Or maybe until Carter took over. But it went on and on and on and by the last season it wasn't any better than Grey's Anatomy. Just with less fucking and not as over the top.

Green's death episode is one of the greatest episodes of TV ever. It's also so fucking sad and it's the last episode I watched. Everything after that just seemed futile in comparison. I've never seen any of the stuff with Carter in charge.

Green's death episode is one of the greatest episodes of TV ever. It's also so fucking sad and it's the last episode I watched. Everything after that just seemed futile in comparison. I've never seen any of the stuff with Carter in charge.

That episode was just so extremely sad, I still get the shivers thinking about his death scene. And everytime I think about it it makes me dread when my parents pass away... Fuck, now i'm sad :(

Another poignant episode was the remembrance of Robert Romano, as in, Only Corday showing up... His death scene was extremely far fetched, but the remembrance was heavy.

Personally I feel they should've ended the series when Carter went to Africa. It was the perfect ending point with the last continuous original cast member leaving the show.

And yeah, the late seasons were really terrible.

• 7 months later...

Turned on the TV and this was on... "Who burns coal anymore?"

Um.. Lots of people?

On 12/19/2014 at 20:47, Jasonmufc said:
On 12/19/2014 at 20:47, Jasonmufc said:

That episode was just so extremely sad, I still get the shivers thinking about his death scene. And everytime I think about it it makes me dread when my parents pass away... Fuck, now i'm sad :(

Another poignant episode was the remembrance of Robert Romano, as in, Only Corday showing up... His death scene was extremely far fetched, but the remembrance was heavy.

Personally I feel they should've ended the series when Carter went to Africa. It was the perfect ending point with the last continuous original cast member leaving the show.

And yeah, the late seasons were really terrible.

The death of Robert Romano was ludicrous. I liked what they did with the character building up to that point though. Robert Romano was an arrogant, boastful, bigoted, hateful person who people only put up with because he was so very good at being a surgeon. That is where most of his feeling of self-worth came from. It was both satisfactory and sad to see his character implode when they took that away from him by amputating his arm after he accidentally got caught up in the rotor blade of a helicopter. And I think his death was really the only way to write him of the show because running a Scrooge-like story in which he finds his good side and the love in his heart would've been beyond far fetched.

But did they really *have* to drop the goddamn helicopter on his head? Especially in the form of a "karma is a bitch" joke? Was that really necessary? I mean, when Dr. Morris told his "I bet he insulted a helicopter in his former live" joke it got a chuckle out of me but was that really worth killing on of the best characters of the show in such a stupid fashion?

As far as ending the show goes: It probably should have ended after Green died with Carter picking up for him. As much as the show was about Green running the ER it also was about Carter becoming a doctor. So ending the show after posthumously passing the torch to Carter probably would have been the way to go.

Edited by Hellraiser

• 6 months later...

I'm necroing this just to add that jesus christ, fuck NCIS. It's the most asinine fucking pile of actual steaming shit, and it seems to be all that's on USA Network in-between Raw and Smackdown. "Watch Raw, and then a 16 episode all-night and all-day marathon of NCIS!" "This weekend, the NCIS EVERY EPISODE EVER marathon!" "This weekend, a marathon of NCIS' best guest stars!" Over. And over. And over. And over. And it's all my parents want to watch, and if I so much as recommend we watch something else it's "oh but I haven't seen this one!"

Bull. SHIT. You've seen every single goddamn episode ever of this garbage ass show. Here, let me tell you how it unfolds: Mark Harmon slaps the dude on the back of the head. The other dude makes a movie reference. The two geek characters say things nobody in the fucking universe actually says, and then they find DNA using the Super DNA Analyzer Machine, and they build a GUI interface to track the killer's IP address because literally nobody that writes for this show actually bothers to be accurate about anything, especially not computers. They just googled "computer science-y words" and then threw them all in the same sentence and hoped none of the over 50s that watch the show noticed. SPOILER: 

Spoiler

They didn't, because they're over 50.

And then through the magic of CRIME SCENE SCIENCE!, they figure out who killed the Navy officer and arrest him and that's the end of that, except OH NO HERE'S A RECURRING BAD GUY FOR THE NEXT FOUR EPISODES, but I'll let you in on a secret: they catch and or kill him too. Wow, what a fucking shock, I can't believe [character who was introduced like 2 episodes ago] was BAD ALL ALONGGGGGGG.

jesus christ if I ever see another episode of NCIS it'll be too soon. way too fucking soon.

Pauley Perrette is pretty tho

• Like 5