The January 2015 Transfer Window thread

Lineker

• Admin
Crystal Palace have confirmed the signings of Jordon Mutch and Shola Ameobi. Mutch has signed a four-and-a-half year deal at Selhurst Park after a six-month stay at rivals Queens Park Rangers. Former Newcastle forward Ameobi joins as a free agent on a deal until the end of the season, having left Turkish side Gaziantep in December.
Swansea City are in talks with Southampton midfielder Jack Cork about a permanent transfer.

Really? Carrick, Fellaini, Herrera, Blind, plus Rooney's been playing there too? I'd say you're quite fine with center midfielders. You got one in Herrera who is quality and can't seem to get a game. I doubt Manchester United need to go and replace the guys getting paid to ride the pine.

Really? Carrick, Fellaini, Herrera, Blind, plus Rooney's been playing there too? I'd say you're quite fine with center midfielders. You got one in Herrera who is quality and can't seem to get a game. I doubt Manchester United need to go and replace the guys getting paid to ride the pine.

All of those players have missed games through injury this season, Carrick is getting on a bit and Blind and Rooney definitely aren't natural centre midfielders.

In conjunction with the Cuadrado stories, Kicker in Germany are reporting that Schurrle to Wolfsburg is also close to being done for about €27m (£20.5m) plus add-ons.

Seems fairly inevitable at this stage. I shall now have to be saddened every time I see my lovely yellow away shirt with Schurrle 14 on the back. :(

• Admin

BBC Sport are reporting that Liverpool will attempt to sign Burnley striker Danny Ings before Monday's transfer deadline. The deal would see Ings remain at Burnley on loan until the end of this season.

AC Milan have signed Italian international Mattia Destro from Serie A rivals AS Roma. Milan have yet to release details of the deal but Destro, 23, is reported by Reuters to have moved to the club on loan with a view to a permanent deal.