EWR 1998 Scenario [Work in Progress]

This is really great. Been looking for a good late 90's scenario and here one is. Because quite a few of the archived one's on Home of Wrestling are a little off especially in regards to overblown stats and wages. But yours looks really good, in fact the first thing I did was check the stats of Shane Helms to make sure his technical and charisma skill wasn't in the 90's lol and I was pleased to see that wasn't the case. Great of you to include pictures as well.

The only personal change I made was changing the WCW champions to pre Dec 97 and starting from there rather than Jan 98. I won't allow Starrcade 97 to go the way it did haha.

Also cool that you included a lot of the more popular guys as young uns though they might not show up for a while. I see in the data that Randy Orton is 17, Daniel Bryan is 16 and Kevin Owens is 13. Not sure how many of those you did but if it wasn't too many then perhaps making a list of them could come in handy to some - like what name their under and what year they'll show up? Not totally necessary, just could be helpful. Regardless this is a fantastic scenario, thank you.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HRG88 said:

This is really great. Been looking for a good late 90's scenario and here one is. Because quite a few of the archived one's on Home of Wrestling are a little off especially in regards to overblown stats and wages. But yours looks really good, in fact the first thing I did was check the stats of Shane Helms to make sure his technical and charisma skill wasn't in the 90's lol and I was pleased to see that wasn't the case. Great of you to include pictures as well.

The only personal change I made was changing the WCW champions to pre Dec 97 and starting from there rather than Jan 98. I won't allow Starrcade 97 to go the way it did haha.

Also cool that you included a lot of the more popular guys as young uns though they might not show up for a while. I see in the data that Randy Orton is 17, Daniel Bryan is 16 and Kevin Owens is 13. Not sure how many of those you did but if it wasn't too many then perhaps making a list of them could come in handy to some - like what name their under and what year they'll show up? Not totally necessary, just could be helpful. Regardless this is a fantastic scenario, thank you.

I really appreciate the kind words. I spent a very long time on this scenario, and I feel like it took so long to try to perfect as much as possible that a ton of people lost interest along the way. It's nice to see there is still the occasional user who finds it for the first time. I'm glad you tend to agree with the stats and appreciate the pictures as well, as it took quite a while to tweak stats to get them to my liking, and I still occasionally change my mind or go back and forth on things. There are multiple pictures for most of the wrestlers in the scenario as well, that way as the years go by, or if users want to change gimmicks, there are other pictures to use.

As far as your comment on the up and coming wrestlers who were put into the scenario, I don't have a huge list offhand. I remember adding CM Punk, AJ Styles, and others. My main goal was to add most of the wrestlers who debuted within a few years after the scenario date (January 1998) and tweaked their stats to reflect how they may have been when they were that age or first broke into the business. It was hard in some cases since you had very young wrestlers. I also added wrestlers who were under 18, particularly if they were involved with wrestling in the near future, such as Reid Flair.

I agree with you about Starrcade and the WCW Nitro that occurred on the night after. There was at least one title change on that show. I had to make the scenario up to date, though, so it has the champions and information as of January 1, 1998. One decision pertaining to WCW was whether to include Thunder since it didn't technically debut until later in January, but it made no sense not to include it. I usually pretend like the first "episode" is either a Best of 1997 show or a final WCW Clash of the Champions show.

Anyway, glad you like the scenario. I'll try to get some info together about the younger wrestlers in the game and what names they may be under. If you have any other advice, suggestions, or criticisms of any kind, please let me know. Thanks.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/07/2020 at 11:45, Mancuerda said:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/f3qjaao4u7gofln/EWR199812222016.zip/file

I think this will still work. Let me know if not. 

Worked for me. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Some things I've noticed while playing my EWR save:

- Jenna Jameson is set as Male

- John Curse has a Development Deal with ECW, which makes him glitch on his roster position to "None", can't be changed or altared in the game

- Kyoko Inoue is listed as American, should be Japanese

Just a few little things for now, really enjoying the game.

Edited by Razor's Edge

• 2 months later...
On 23/11/2020 at 14:17, Razor's Edge said:

Hey, I think the scenario is set at January 1st 1998. Just loaded it up and Shane Douglas is the ECW champion, and he lost that title on January 10th 1998.

This is correct. It's set for January 1, 1998.

I might try to update the scenario sometime with the items mentioned above.

Glad people are still finding this and enjoying it.

• 3 months later...
On 22/02/2021 at 19:57, Mancuerda said:

This is correct. It's set for January 1, 1998.

I might try to update the scenario sometime with the items mentioned above.

Glad people are still finding this and enjoying it.

I had begun watching 98 RAW from the start not too long ago and totally forgot about the NWA Invasion angle that Vince somehow thought would be able to compete with WCW vs NWO and thought "Hmm, I wonder if this could've worked". Luckily I have this file and trying it out myself!