As some of you may remember, I've been working on this scenario forever. It still isn't finished. However, it's closer than it's ever been. There are over 1700 workers, 20 promotions, over 2800 relationships, over 500 tag teams, over 300 staff, over 1300 alter egos, and I've at least begun inputting belts, television shows, events, stables, etc. Sponsors are more or less complete.

The scenario is probably playable for a majority of promotions as-is, but there's still some work that needs done. I have many workers to add and a lot of research to do. If anybody wants to lend a helping hand, I'll start posting some questions here. But as for now, here is the scenario as it is, including pictures, logos, graphics, etc.

http://www.filedropper.com/ewr1998

Please let me know what you think.

Oh, and a special thanks goes to DocPepper, Philahitman, Bill1996, Andrew (the guy who made the original 1998 scenario WAY BACK in the day), and a whole host of other EWB members who've helped me with this scenario along the way.

EDIT:

I'm thinking of removing WCPW as I can't find enough info about the promotion at the time to put a decent roster, come up with staff, etc. Most of the guys aren't even on cagematch, and the only events I've found on cagematch are from 1995 and 2002, not enough to create a solid roster.

Does anyone know what Victor Quinones was doing at this time?

WWC's roster is now at 32 and their belts are added. I need stats for their Junior Heavyweight champ at the time, La Ley.

Edited by Mancuerda
  • Like 3
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As some of you may remember, I've been working on this scenario forever. It still isn't finished. However, it's closer than it's ever been. There are over 1700 workers, 20 promotions, over 2800 relati

Here's the link for the latest update, which includes all of the Japanese rosters for the wrestlers in the game: https://www.sendspace.com/file/qx9vnj I'd say the scenario is virtually finished. T

I've uploaded a slightly different version of the scenario. There are now 1801 workers, a few more staff members, relationships, alter egos, etc. and I've taken the advice of some posts in here. I sti

Here's the latest update: http://www.filedropper.com/ewr199801282015

I cut the promotions down to 18 - It was just impossible finding reliable info on the rest, and I wasn't sure if they were operating at the time.

Logos/banners are done for the promotions in the game. There are at least 10 wrestlers on each roster (most have way more). I've added some more staff and edited pics and stats for them, as well as updated some stats for wrestlers and added a few. I have a list of wrestlers to add and staff to add, but I'm getting near the end of this thing finally, guys.

Edited by Mancuerda
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's an update - While the staff isn't done, it is sufficient (as in the analysis doesn't say there needs to be any staff added). There are 1763 workers, 18 promotions, 464 staff, 64 belts, 68 events, 510 tag teams... Still got quite a bit of work to do, a list of wrestlers to add for several rosters, and need to touch up pretty much everything, but it's getting there.

http://www.filedropper.com/ewr199802052015_1

Alright, I'm getting to the point where I'm gonna need some help with this scenario.

I need to flesh out the staff members who were in the smaller organizations at the time. I also have a list of workers I'd like to add for some of the rosters that I need stats, pics, relationships, alter egos, tag teams, etc. for:

All Pro Wrestling:

Boom Boom Comini
Jason C. Clay
Frank Murdoch
Jay Smooth
Kuame Kamoze
Rick Turner
Bill Calhoun
Chris Colione/Chris Cole
Maxx Justice
Robert Thompson
Chicano Flame

East Coast Wrestling Association:

Boogie Woogie Brown
Mark Shrader
Kodiak Bear

Extreme Canadian Championship Wrestling:Dark Angel/Angel Williams
Billy Two Eagles
Destruction
Dr. Luther
Incubus
Iron Maiden
John Rambo
Johnny Canuck
Ladies Choice
Michelle Starr
Mike Roselli
Moondog Chopps
Mr. Doby Gillis
Ole Olson
Prince Aladdin
Randy Tyler
Ray Brooks
Strife
The Reaper
Vic Vicious

Heartland Wrestling Association:

Brian Taylor
Bounty Hunter/Max Thrasher
Xtremist
GQ Masters III

IWA: Mid-South:

Twiggy Ramirez
Purple Haze
Derek Domino
Harley Lewis
The War Machines (War Machine #1 & #2)

Music City Wrestling:

Andy Anderson
Blade Bourdreaux
Bobby Brawnz
Frency Rivera
Jason Perry
Justin St. John
Keith Arden
Kenny Arden
Moondogs?
Terry Golden
Tony Street

Mid-Eastern Wrestling Federation:

Quinn Nash
Max Thrasher
John Rambo

NWA: Ohio Valley Wrestling:

David C/Mysterie
Jebediah Blackhawk
Kousin Krazy
Juan Hurtado
Dave The Rave

World Xtreme Wrestling:

Jake Daniels/Jak Molsonn
John Rambo
The Mad Russian
The Russian Eliminator
Richard J. Criado

Edited by Mancuerda

I did realize after posting that Harley Lewis was already in the game (forgot I added him), so I just added him to IWA: MS.

I need stats for the rest of those guys, if anybody has a suggestion. Keep in mind it's for 1998. Pics and everything else would be nice, too.

I'm at the point in the game where it would be nice to have these extra workers for the promotions, but they aren't 100% essential. Some of the promos ask for you to hire extra people but not many (usually 1 or 2).

I'm going to tweak some of the other things in the game (advertising and merchandising for the promotions for example, or the belt images that are in the game), but we're getting pretty close to a scenario I would be content with calling "finished", although I really want more staff for the smaller promotions (a lot of them are starting off with JUST owners - I know if we could find a show or something from around the era, we could at least get refs and/or announcers).

Music City Wrestling:

Frency Rivera

The name was "Frenchy Riviera" and he was played by one of the Ardens you have listed, so that's one you can cross off. The two Ardens had a tag team called The Centerfolds. They were two fat, bleached blonde guys doing a Playboy Buddy Rose tribute act. IIRC, their finisher was a double-team gutbuster.

I'm pretty Terry Golden used a superplex as his finisher too.

MCW isn't really memorable some 15 years later. :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Love this mod. Just have a question...more of a request I guess. Do you happen to have any WWF or ECW skins? Nothing wrong with the WCW images, just wondering in case I wanted to do a WWF or ECW game.

Thanks.

I wish I did! I'm not a graphics guy at all. I'm barely proficient with MS Paint. Doc Pepper, who I don't think posts or even lurks here anymore, made those WCW graphics WAY back in the day when I was working on this years ago. I've thought about asking iDOL or somebody who's good with graphics about making some skins for the scenario, or if anybody wants to try, please do.

Do you have any feedback on the scenario itself? I'm going to be releasing a slightly different version of it tonight.

EDIT:

Here's the link to the most updated version I have, including some stats changes: https://www.sendspace.com/file/kxoy2s

Edited by Mancuerda
  • Like 1

Actually, I do have some feedback for this mod. To be honest, this is the best EWR mod have played so far. There are tons of staff workers from the real world and that is just something you rarely see in a mod. Usually there are just the generic fill ins with numbers, which is not a bad thing, but I enjoy as much realizm as possible.

The ONLY problem I have with this mod is not with the mod itself. It is just that some of the workers do not have pics assigned to them, when there are pics available. Like Teddy Long and Road Block of WCW(among others). But that was an easy fix.

Can't wait to try this new version out. What exactly are the changes?

If anyone has any skins to go with this to match the WCW one, that would be totally awesome. Sadly, I am just not good enough to create anything good enough to even upload.

Again, thanks for this nearly perfect mod.

Edited by Quoth the Raven

Actually, I do have some feedback for this mod. To be honest, this is the best EWR mod have played so far. There are tons of staff workers from the real world and that is just something you rarely see in a mod. Usually there are just the generic fill ins with numbers, which is not a bad thing, but I enjoy as much realizm as possible.

The ONLY problem I have with this mod is not with the mod itself. It is just that some of the workers do not have pics assigned to them, when there are pics available. Like Teddy Long and Road Block of WCW(among others). But that was an easy fix.

Can't wait to try this new version out. What exactly are the changes?

If anyone has any skins to go with this to match the WCW one, that would be totally awesome. Sadly, I am just not good enough to create anything good enough to even upload.

Again, thanks for this nearly perfect mod.

Oh man, did I mess up some of the pics for the workers? Sorry about that. I'll have to take a look some time and get all those worker pics fixed.

As for some of the changes, for the longest time, I kept the stat caps for wrestling stats around 91-92. I decided to increase the very best in each stat to 93 and kind of change a few others as well. I bumped Eddie Guerrero's wrestling stats up slightly, for example; raised Benoit's tech to 93, Mysterio's speed to 93. I made some overall changes to wrestler stats to reflect some changes of opinion.

Hey Mancuerda, (or anyone for that matter) how hard would it be to go back one month, to December 1st, 1997? This would fall on a Monday, and I could book an entire month up to Starrcade 1997, to have it end the way that I want it to.

Not much could have changed, I wouldn't think.

Don't think it'd be too hard. Bret would've still been with WCW. I don't know when some of the others came over (Bulldog, Anvil, etc.) and you could double check any workers you weren't sure about regarding which side they were on (WCW or WWF).

You'd need to make some title changes, obviously, but yeah... Rosters shouldn't be affected too much. I'm trying to think of high profile wrestler deaths in December of 1997.

One thing I know I still need to finish are the Japanese touring commitments, so any help with that is appreciated.

EDIT: Finished the AJPW touring wrestlers, but there are two I need to add who are not in the game (yet): Rusher Kimura (Masao Kimura) and Satoru Asako.

Edited by Mancuerda
  • Like 1

Here's the link for the latest update, which includes all of the Japanese rosters for the wrestlers in the game: https://www.sendspace.com/file/qx9vnj

I'd say the scenario is virtually finished. There are probably wrestlers I could add if I had stats and pics, but for the most part, it is entirely playable.

As always, feedback is much appreciated.

Edited by Mancuerda
  • Like 2

Here's the link for the latest update, which includes all of the Japanese rosters for the wrestlers in the game: https://www.sendspace.com/file/qx9vnj

I'd say the scenario is virtually finished. There are probably wrestlers I could add if I had stats and pics, but for the most part, it is entirely playable.

As always, feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks! Cannot wait to try this out!

Love this mod. Just have a question...more of a request I guess. Do you happen to have any WWF or ECW skins? Nothing wrong with the WCW images, just wondering in case I wanted to do a WWF or ECW game.

Thanks.

I wish I did! I'm not a graphics guy at all. I'm barely proficient with MS Paint. Doc Pepper, who I don't think posts or even lurks here anymore, made those WCW graphics WAY back in the day when I was working on this years ago. I've thought about asking iDOL or somebody who's good with graphics about making some skins for the scenario, or if anybody wants to try, please do.

Do you have any feedback on the scenario itself? I'm going to be releasing a slightly different version of it tonight.

EDIT:

Here's the link to the most updated version I have, including some stats changes: https://www.sendspace.com/file/kxoy2s

I might be able to help out in reguards to skins. EWR skins are kinda simple. Show me this WCW skin that's been made and I'll see if I can match it. Edited by Kirkland
  • Like 1

Thanks.

EDIT:

I might be able to help out in reguards to skins. EWR skins are kinda simple. Show me this WCW skin that's been made and I'll see if I can match it.

Thanks, man. Here's a link to the skin (in a zipped folder):

https://www.sendspace.com/file/fw5r7q

There aren't any loading screens, I don't think.

Here are some screen shots:

http://imgur.com/a/4EpNm

sBDAzXU.jpg

moIQ1aO.jpg

I'd love to have a loading screen set for WCW, as well as WWF and ECW, if you're up to it...

• Like 1

Was that the color scheme that they were using in 98? I thought they had already moved onto red,yellow,black and chrome.

wcw_monday_nitro_logo_by_dxinite-d3iy61v

2564%20-%20logo%20monday_nitro%20wcw.png

If these are more accurate to the time I'll just do a new WCW too.

• Like 1

Was that the color scheme that they were using in 98? I thought they had already moved onto red,yellow,black and chrome.

That would be great. If I had any skill at all, I would do this myself.

I think you are right about the color scheme as well.

• Like 1

That would be great. If I had any skill at all, I would do this myself.

I think you are right about the color scheme as well.

The Wayback Machine agrees. Jan 99 was as close as I could get without broken images but at that time the site is all covered in Chrome with the red logo.