The Simpsons

Lord Nibbler

So I always hated when people would complain about the show still being on the air.  Most of this criticism really was from people who stopped watching ages ago and seemed to care more about preserving the legacy of the show, as if the peak years of the show would be retroactively ruined.  I've definitely missed more episodes than I've seen over the last 20 years but I never understood complaining about the show being on - if you don't want to watch it you don't have to, but clearly enough still are to keep FOX happy.

This current season might be the first time I'd actually be happy to see the show end.  Has absolutely nothing to do with the jokes - nearly every episode has a few good moments.  Has everything to do with how rough some of these voices sound now.  Julie Kavner's voice was shot years ago but now Dan Castellaneta and Harry Shearer seem to be right there too.  Like they sound in pain.  It's kinda upsetting to listen to.

I haven't watched the Simpsons in years, but I still play Tapped Out a few times a day. The last Halloween of Horror event added some "real life" looking characters and I was interested in the episode. When it came on Disney Plus last month, I finally turned it on. And Marge's voice has changed so much that I honestly thought they had changed voice actors. I could barely finish the episode.