The Simpsons

Lord Nibbler

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Last nights Simpsons episode was altered to have a Superb Owl reference

The episode is called “The Town,” and it originally aired back in October. In the episode, there’s a scene where the Boston Americans rally to win a football game against the Springfield Atoms at the last second. For last night’s rerun, the Simpsons crew snuck in and replaced the team names with “Atlanta” and “New England,” turning the fictional game into the real-life Super Bowl that took place a week before.

700.jpg

700.jpg

Entertainment Weekly spoke with Simpsons executive producer Matt Selman about the gag, and he explained that this was a “one-time only” thing that nobody will ever see again. Apparently, the DVD/Blu-ray version of the episode will only have the original, so if you have the rerun saved on your DVR for some reason, it could be worth something to a particularly hardcore Simpsons or New England Patriots fan.

On 2/14/2017 at 01:15, Lint said:

Last nights Simpsons episode was altered to have a Superb Owl reference

700.jpg

700.jpg

They did the same thing with "Lisa the Greek." Before FOX had the NFL and thus was in the SuperBowl rotation, they would air "Lisa the Greek" against the SuperBowl and would alter the names of the teams playing from the original Washington and Buffalo 

21 minutes ago, TheSqauredCircleMessiah said:

They did the same thing with "Lisa the Greek." Before FOX had the NFL and thus was in the SuperBowl rotation, they would air "Lisa the Greek" against the SuperBowl and would alter the names of the teams playing from the original Washington and Buffalo 

They did the joke with the other Superbowl episode where Moe and Homer cover their mouths with glasses so they could edit in the right teams

• Like 1

I watched the episode where Bart has to live in a bubble after getting a mosquito bite and Lisa pretends to be in college.

Skinner is getting a celebration ceremony, and he's wearing a white suit. He opened up to questions and his mother cuts in with: "yeah I've got a question. How dare you dress in white, I hear what you do at night!"

I love how they have these jokes in that I'd never get as a kid, and can now appreciate.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I think there were a couple episodes from that season that weren't so bad. That seasons' Treehouse of Horror - The Day The Earth Looked Stupid, in particular. I seem to remember enjoying Moe'n'a Lisa too. And the 24 parody.

On 12/28/2017 at 14:19, GA! said:

Hey, I'm watching the season 18 DVD boxset that came out earlier this month. Guess what? It's fucking rubbish.

12 episodes in, 25+ gay jokes - I hope whichever writer was going through their issues at the time is happier and contented now.

Different times, dude.

• 2 months later...

So, today was the 25th anniversary of what is considered one of the greatest Simpsons episodes ever "Last Exit to Springfield" (LISA NEEDS BRACES)

Today, FOX aired an interview with convicted arm-robber yet not convicted murderer OJ Simpson from 2006 where he described how he would have killed his ex-wife and her friend...IF...he did it. IF. Because he's totally not guilty. FOX didn't air the interview in 2006 because even Rupert Murdoch has some sense of shame.

Simpsons Showrunner Al Jean dropped this bit of a fun fact on Twitter about "Last Exit to Springfield."

• Like 1