Summer Transfer Window Thread 2015

Rich

Today's gossip;

Man City have joined the race to sign Sergio Ramos. Still not convinced the player is going anywhere, but there you go...

The Telegraph are saying that Arturo Vidal is set to sign for Arsenal. I was told today that the journo that reported the Sanchez deal as done way ahead of time, has said the same about this one. Not sure how true that one is.

Fabio Borini will sign for West Ham - £8m the fee.

Juventus are still interested in signing Oscar from Chelsea. Keep hearing about this one every few days.

Talking of Juve (look away now Jimmy...), they are believed to be the Italian club in for Erik Lamela.

Liverpool have made a fresh bid for Real Madrid midfielder Asier Illarramendi. Their first bid of £10.6m was rejected.

And that's about it for today. There's also the Clyne/Schneiderlin stuff which has already been covered.

All of Liverpool's early signings surely indicate that Sterling has been sold and they've agreed to wait until Liverpool get done with spending the transfer money before they announce it.

City is almost too obvious. I really wouldn't be too fond of Chelsea spunking £40m on him but I've just got that niggling in the back of my mind that they might have done...

Why didn't Paulinho play in the league at all last year? Is he that bad?

Not really. Poch just prefers Ryan ''I like sideway passes and missing clear cut chances'' Mason over him. Paulinho was pretty good whenever I saw him last season.

Why didn't Paulinho play in the league at all last year? Is he that bad?

Not really. Poch just prefers Ryan ''I like sideway passes and missing clear cut chances'' Mason over him. Paulinho was pretty good whenever I saw him last season.

Na, he wasn't. He had some nice 20 minute cameos, but did nothing of not when rewarded with a start. There's a gif of his shot against Burnley which summed his season up.

I really thought he was going to be a strong signing for us when we bought him, but outside of one game against Stoke he never controlled any games. Occasionally scored some goals, but it really wasn't enough.

A huge shame, really. Also, Masons far from perfect but he isn't the passing sideways person; always attempted forward passes and runs, even when he maybe shouldn't.

• Like 1

All of Liverpool's early signings surely indicate that Sterling has been sold and they've agreed to wait until Liverpool get done with spending the transfer money before they announce it.

City is almost too obvious. I really wouldn't be too fond of Chelsea spunking £40m on him but I've just got that niggling in the back of my mind that they might have done...

I don't necessarily agree with that. We were gonna spend money regardless and most of the transfers have been free transfers. Firmino is only 22mil rising to 29mil and Clyne for 12.5mil

I think it's just a case of us actually not leaving it till the last minute or missing out on people.