***SPOILERS*** Avengers: Age of Ultron

probablyoliver

The trailer has received a huge amount of praise, and again, there's absolutely no evidence to not have faith in Marvel. It's got a solid concept, some great talent behind it and a completely clean slate to start on. Probability is high it'll be enjoyable.

Paul Rudd is brilliant, I have every faith in Ant-Man. Many thought Guardians of the Galaxy wouldn't work either and I think Rudd is in the same category as Chris Pratt in the sense that he's got the perfect style to carry the Marvel humour and make it work.

Do people actually pay money to see a movie they care nothing about, just to see a 5 minute scene/new trailer for a movie they really want to see? Especially when it'll be on the internet within days? I get the whole "but you can't see this on a movie theatre screen!", but... still.

Ant-Man will do fine. Probably not crazy huge numbers like GotG or any of the Avengers movies, but it won't be a bomb.

Do people actually pay money to see a movie they care nothing about, just to see a 5 minute scene/new trailer for a movie they really want to see? Especially when it'll be on the internet within days? I get the whole "but you can't see this on a movie theatre screen!", but... still.

Ant-Man will do fine. Probably not crazy huge numbers like GotG or any of the Avengers movies, but it won't be a bomb.

Pretty much this. Ant-Man isn't going to be the first bomb. But if it does poorly? It'll be the first stumble that could turn into a fall if it goes poorly. It's the thing that can kill Dr. Strange or Black Panther - one of their solo hero pieces flopping. That's what I'm worried about, because that's when they'll start playing it safe.

Ant-Man finds itself in the same scene as Guardians did. It's considered lesser-tier, so if it does poorly, people have a predisposed notion to go with.

If it does well the first weekend (like I suspect it will)? Then Marvel can do no wrong...until Strange or Panther come along, then we're right back in the same discussion.

Welcome to the world of B-List-Until-Proven-Otherwise Adaptations, folks. Ant-Man, Panther, Strange, hell, even Spidey...you're lesser until your opening weekend proves otherwise...

• Like 1

Oh man, the arguments that will come up during Black Panther or Captain Marvel is going to be awful. "He's black! No one will go watch a black superhero!" "She's a woman! Nerds don't like watching strong women!"

Not saying that's what people are saying here, but guarantee there's going to be morons spewing it around the internet.

• Like 1

Ant-Man finds itself in the same scene as Guardians did. It's considered lesser-tier, so if it does poorly, people have a predisposed notion to go with.

If it does well the first weekend (like I suspect it will)? Then Marvel can do no wrong...until Strange or Panther come along, then we're right back in the same discussion.

Welcome to the world of B-List-Until-Proven-Otherwise Adaptations, folks. Ant-Man, Panther, Strange, hell, even Spidey...you're lesser until your opening weekend proves otherwise...

Did you just call Spidey B-List???? Our feud shall never end! :angry:

• Like 4

Did you just call Spidey B-List???? Our feud shall never end! :angry:

Yeah...the guy with his face stamped on to every comic of the 90s for marvel is likely not b team. By "likely not" I mean what the fuck nor even close.

• Like 2