***SPOILERS*** Avengers: Age of Ultron

probablyoliver

Something dawned on me, if Thanos is trying to get the Infinity Stones, why would he give Loki the Chitauri Scepter while a stone was inside of it? I'm sure it can be explained that he didn't know, but being Thanos I would think he would know the Scepter's capability and put 2 and 2 together that it could have the Mind Gem inside of it.

He probably knew about it, but just didn't tell him out of worry(?) of what Loki would do if he knew it was an Infinity Stone. It's pretty much the same thing with Ronan the Accuser. Didn't tell him what he was actually searching for, Ronan found out, and went crazy with power.

• Like 2

Something dawned on me, if Thanos is trying to get the Infinity Stones, why would he give Loki the Chitauri Scepter while a stone was inside of it? I'm sure it can be explained that he didn't know, but being Thanos I would think he would know the Scepter's capability and put 2 and 2 together that it could have the Mind Gem inside of it.

Yeah, he was pretty dumb to give it to Loki, but he 100% knew that the gem was in the scepter. He probably just thought that he was lending the scepter to Loki to get another gem as well (the space stone in the tesseract), so to Thanos he probably thought it was a smart move (it wasn't).

I hope in Infinity Wars, the other gauntlet comes into play somehow, it would be so fun if they used it as a decoy or someone else used it with a couple of stones to battle Thanos.

• Like 1

Yeah, he was pretty dumb to give it to Loki, but he 100% knew that the gem was in the scepter. He probably just thought that he was lending the scepter to Loki to get another gem as well (the space stone in the tesseract), so to Thanos he probably thought it was a smart move (it wasn't).

I hope in Infinity Wars, the other gauntlet comes into play somehow, it would be so fun if they used it as a decoy or someone else used it with a couple of stones to battle Thanos.

That makes the most sense, especially cause I forgot there was a stone in the tesseract. Sure Thanos was trying to get others to get the stones for him, which makes sense because the universe would go ape shit if people started putting it together that he was making a play for the stones. What doesn't make sense is for Thanos to give Loki a stone, when he's trying to collect all of the stones, except if only to have Loki get a second stone and then take the scepter back.

Based on memory, I think the deal was:

Thanos gives Loki the scepter to get the tesseract > Loki uses both to open the portal and Thanos gets the Chitauri to help him invade earth and take it over for Loki to rule it > Loki gives the scepter and tesseract to Thanos

?

So there was way too much happening in that movie. I know that's a weird thing to say but I really didn't get the chance to digest anything before they were onto the next over the top thing. I was terribly underwhelmed by Ultron too and that's from someone who loves to hear James Spader talk.

• Like 2

Apparently this was a fake end credits scene for Age of Ultron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyQpYe_pH9w

This would have been SO MUCH BETTER than another scene of Thanos looking angry and give exposition to nobody in particular around him

What was wrong with it? It was fucking awesome, and had an air of dread of what is to come. This is the fucking big baddie they've been building up to, getting a shot of him and the gauntlet was a pretty amazing way to end what was already a great movie. A Spidey cameo is boring in comparison, and doesn't do any favors for his introduction (and isn't even close to the shawarma scene).

This would have been SO MUCH BETTER than another scene of Thanos looking angry and give exposition to nobody in particular around him

What was wrong with it? It was fucking awesome, and had an air of dread of what is to come. This is the fucking big baddie they've been building up to, getting a shot of him and the gauntlet was a pretty amazing way to end what was already a great movie. A Spidey cameo is boring in comparison, and doesn't do any favors for his introduction (and isn't even close to the shawarma scene).

I'd say they would both be pretty awesome. Why come down on poor Spidey like that? :(

• Like 1

I will admit I'm a little biased in that I've never liked him that much :P He's had like 5 average-to-horrible movies!

That said, I was just comparing the two. And a Thanos appearance, with the gauntlet, is someone I've been primed to see make an appearance, with everything from his appearance in the first Avengers to GotG to simply "bathe the starways in their blood". Spider-man hasn't even been introduced yet, and so him showing just won't be as epic, IMO.

Either way, wouldn't come close to topping that shawarma scene.

So there was way too much happening in that movie. I know that's a weird thing to say but I really didn't get the chance to digest anything before they were onto the next over the top thing. I was terribly underwhelmed by Ultron too and that's from someone who loves to hear James Spader talk.

I get what you're saying, and agree with you for the most part. Regardless the thing that saved it for me was the action having more purpose this time around. On a second viewing last time, it really felt like "oh, shit - there hasn't been a fight scene in a while, get one in there" but this time around I didn't get that.

Because how many times have we seen Thanos during or after the credits looking menacing? We didn't need him to say what he said...we've all known that he was the end game for 3 years and his run won't be done for another 4 years. It's fine for what it was but I would loved the Spidey cameo after everything was done just as a nod that he's finally a part of the MCU and there's more to come with him. The schwarma scene was awesome because it had nothing to do anything, just like that Spidey scene would have had nothing to do with the plot of anything.

And I do get the whole "just so much happened" in AoU stuff. Like the whole part with the twins doing a complete 180 happens basically before the third act. They go from wanting to kill Tony Stark by any means necessary to enrolling in the Avengers in a very short time period. I felt that whole part was just glossed over so quickly. All that was missing was Bob Backlund showing up and saying "THEY'RE GOOD NOW!"