FIFA 16

Dan

I did play the PES demo and it's very fun, but the lack of options and so much need for faffing about to get the kits in order just isn't worth it. I don't have the time nowadays. If FIFA was still a terrible game I'd make the time, but it isn't. 

Also, the menu's still look like they've been thrown together by a 5 year old. Don't get me wrong though. I think I'll always prefer the gameplay in PES.

Fuck PES. I was looking into getting this years on PC only to find out the PC version is the old 360/PS3 engine, not the XB1/PS4 engine.

Even EA have had the PC version of FIFA up to speed for a couple of years now, really shitty by Konami.

I did play the PES demo and it's very fun, but the lack of options and so much need for faffing about to get the kits in order just isn't worth it. I don't have the time nowadays. If FIFA was still a terrible game I'd make the time, but it isn't. 

Also, the menu's still look like they've been thrown together by a 5 year old. Don't get me wrong though. I think I'll always prefer the gameplay in PES.

The menus are terrible absolutely, but they have supposedly worked out option file sharing for PS4 this year, which will be huge (though it hasn't been confirmed yet). At the very least they have confirmed image file sharing, so people should be able to download badges and kits created by others.

I don't dislike FIFA, but the last 2 have, in my opinion, not been much more than a yearly roster update. This PES genuinely feels different from any football game I've played in the last 5 years. I'm hoping that the FIFA demo feels different, but from the beta footage I've seen it's just more of the same (which isn't necessarily the worst thing, as FIFA is a decent game). I'm just looking for something different this year. I'm sure I'll end up owning both a some point either way.

Fuck PES. I was looking into getting this years on PC only to find out the PC version is the old 360/PS3 engine, not the XB1/PS4 engine.

Even EA have had the PC version of FIFA up to speed for a couple of years now, really shitty by Konami.

Really? I did wonder why it looked like utter dog shite.

Playing the demo now. FUT Draft is interesting but you seem to have a better chance at getting top players in your subs and reserves than in the starting 11. Refs seem to be more consistent (something PES 16 has as well) but more whistle happy. Linesman are less flag-happy though, so that's something.

Passing feels a lot like 15, shooting is either wonky or I need to get more used to it. Presentation wise it is superb, the menus are so much better than Pro Evos.

Best test for me will be when I play an actual person. The pace is nice and suits me perfectly in passing the ball about. Seems better than last year with the right tweaks having been made. Plus goalkeepers seem to be better at stopping near post shots <_<