FIFA 16

Dan

I still really don't get why everyone loves Ultimate Team. It's basically like the stock market where your reward is players and a team you could put together in the main game edit mode anyway. I've really tried to like but I just literally see no attraction at all.

I must be missing something, because I know people who basically buy the game just for this and the thoughts of turning FIFA into a game of stocks just seems a bit game breaking. Seeing people buying and selling coins for real money has always frightened me too, seems to be really tapping into the gambling culture of football.

• Like 3

My enjoyment of it comes from the simple concept of earning a reward from winning (or in my case, taking part in) matches to get the coins to improve my team. I did used to do the whole buy low, sell slightly higher thing but it got too boring.

And as Baddar says, the pack opening thing is fun, if frequently disappointing.

I enjoy it because the chemistry aspect often means that I end up using players I never would. Plus, having all the stats separated up into six easy categories gives you a rough idea of some good players to use, so you end up discovering a few new favourite in-game players along the way.

I think part of its charm is the opening of packs and seeing what you will get. It's a bit like that old thrill of opening a pack of stickers!

But yeah, fuck splurging a load of real money on it. 

Just buy the stickers instead! I never got around to finishing the World Cup ones after though :(

Actually getting use out of the stuff you open makes it better though! But if Wales do make the Euro's, that one will be a must buy simply because I'll probably be dead by the time they make another. 

On to my reason for posting...

Back in FIFA 12/13 I decided to make a United past/present team which was fun, buuuut Chemistry was obviously massively affected because the players were here, there and everywhere. After a couple of years not bothering with the mode/making a basic La Liga team which never ended up including the main players, I've decided to go for something similar to before, except this time, a Man Utd/City hybrid team. In theory, it shouldn't take me long to build a basic team and then go from there, trying to sign the bigger players worth more coins. At the moment, without playing any games (obviously) and just selling on players I had out of original packs (Aurier, Rode, Ljajic, Alcacer etc.) I've managed to make a start.

(4-1-4-1)

GK - Caballero 78

RB - Darmian 81

CB - 

CB - Mangala 80 (got in original free gold pack)

LB - 

CDM - Blind 80

RM -

CM - Carrick 80

CM - Delph 77

LM -

ST - 

The gaps are currently filled by other gold players who don't play for United or City. Once I get started playing I should be able to afford more of the cheaper players. Next step up for my GK would be Valdes, then Otamendi alongside Smalling at CB. Will probably have to pay the money for Clichy at LB but I think Shaw is similarly priced. 

Decided to opt for 1 striker as United and City have just four gold ST's between them, and if I ended up getting Martial and Bony, I wouldn't be able to afford Rooney or Aguero so I'd be relying on the two of them playing in every match. 

Still, it's coming together nicely. It's worth noting that I haven't got any of the club items yet either, so that'll cost a bit more too.

Anyone know how to make a player off the ball make an attacking run? Used to be LB/L1 but that's now the no touch dribbling. Frustrating watching players not run into space. <_<

I think it's still meant to be that button, according to the controls on the demo. Doesn't seem anywhere as effective as before. Could be worth double checking. 

Is there any way I can play this offline if I buy it on Friday? So frustrating that I can't play Fifa 15 at the moment because I don't have broadband. I don't know if Xbox One do disks anymore or whatever, the only game I own is Fifa 15 :shifty: 

Edited by Jimmy