FIFA 16

Dan

Stuff I done learned from playing FIFA properly for the first time in nearly two decades:

• This game has way too much focus on attack and forward movement, defence might as well not exist, especially when the AI is in control.
  • Nobody is as good as they think they are, and have a go at each other way too much.
  • People take it way too seriously, it's just a game >_>
  • I'm enjoying myself, which is what matters.
  • Apparently "poo" is an unacceptable word, but "nonce" isn't.

Not like football fans to get upset about the game. And Benji didn't say he enjoyed himself by getting sent off so he could go scoff all our oranges. :P

Edited by 9 to 5
  • Like 1

I'm so very bad at this but I'm still enjoying more than ever! Played 7 game and have only scored 1 goal and that was after switching down to World Class.

Passing is a bit niggly this year though and I've found that passes sometimes aim to the wrong player resulting in a loss of possession a lot. I also think they've turned down normal X passes to emphasise the driven pass thing and it's made them almost useless.

• Like 1

I've picked up both and would say that overall there's not that much in it.

PES probably has the better game engine but has that thing where you try to do one thing and inexplicably do something else. The license thing is obviously a killer if you can't be fussed about editing.

I'm enjoying FIFA too but TCO is right about them toning down the short pass to make the driven pass feature seem important and revolutionary. The FUT money pit is in full swing too - which is fine if you enjoy it, but if you're expecting improvements anywhere else you'll be disappointed. Pro Clubs, for me the best game mode in there hasn't moved on in like three years. They have toned pace down though which is much appreciated. Oh and there's no touch dribbling...whatever that is. 

Edited by ZJ Penn

I've picked up both and would say that overall there's not that much in it.

PES probably has the better game engine but has that thing where you try to do one thing and inexplicably do something else. The license thing is obviously a killer if you can't be fussed about editing.

I'm enjoying FIFA too but TCO is right about them toning down the short pass to make the driven pass feature seem important and revolutionary. The FUT money pit is in full swing too - which is fine if you enjoy it, but if you're expecting improvements anywhere else you'll be disappointed. Pro Clubs, for me the best game mode in there hasn't moved on in like three years. They have toned pace down though which is much appreciated. Oh and there's no touch dribbling...whatever that is. 

PES is a fantastic game of football, spoilt by some pretty serious flaws. It's too easy for one; I guess a by-product of having great offensive AI making smart runs, means it's easier to create chances. This would be fine if shooting wasn't so easy. Almost anything in the box is a goal.

Add to that the goalkeeper issues online (set to a low difficulty, so everything goes in), plus the usual myriad of Konami rubbish (out of date squads, no patch until October 29th, etc), it makes it very difficult to see any longevity. It's a shame, as it probably is the better of the two on the field, but it's a lot of hassle when FIFA is right there with it's infinitely better overall package.

What made me switch (I traded in PES today), was reading the posts online saying it was too easy.  People were suggesting to change this setting or that setting. I don't mind editing to get around licensing, I don't even mind manually doing transfers. But, to me, I shouldn't have to be tinkering with settings for hours on end to get a decent gaming experience. Not when I can pick up FIFA, a very good game by the way, which works right out of the box.

• Like 1

Only gripe so far is that L1, used for no touch dribbling, over-rides the player run button so your team mates can't be fucked moving half the time. 

Edit: And no touch dribbling is also gimmicky and shit, btw.

I find it worse than R1 is 'pass with purpose' i.e. pass properly. Could've just fixed passing itself but instead they threw in another gimmick.

The most annoying thing about the new passing is that things get difficult at a distance of about 10 yards. You either hit a normal pass and it dribbles towards the player or you hold R1 and it drills it at them with no hope of controlling it at all.

After the success of my PES 2016 videos, I have decided to do ones for Fifa 16 too:

All Catalogue items:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCUxpr-s3NE

Real Madrid vs Barcelona:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hhhBIyGxGI

Ultimate Team (includes me trying to speak Spanish despite never speaking it in my life!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0f-5WiTRE4

Edited by cmb211087