WWE 2K16

Regarding VC: once you reach the main roster you earn 2500 VC per match regardless of win, lose, PPV, title, anything. Even if you quit within 1 second of the match's start. The only circumstances that differ are that when you are attacked during your entrance you get 0 because the match doesn't happen.

So every month you get 8 TV matches and 1 PPV match, but inevitably one of these is lost to a pre-match attack so that's 8 shows per month, or 20,000 VC. That's 240,000 VC per year. At most.

My career really does start to lose its shine after a while. I'm exactly a year in and decided to take a break to play Showcase instead. Facing Colin Cassady at least once a week every week for six months (no exaggeration) was particularly disheartening. I wonder if things will pick up after I leave NXT. What also ruined my suspension of disbelief was Finn Balor beating me for my title, only for Cassady to inexplicably be champion after the match. What?

Played a little bit of Showcase. It's fun, but all I can think about is how much fun this game would be if they scrapped Universe, Career and Showcase and combined all the elements into one big story mode. Honestly, I'd take a pretty limited (time-wise) career mode if it actually had storylines. Give me something like the old WWE games were you get random preset stories thrown at you and you're looking at probably the best WWE game ever made. That said, it's obvious that the groundwork is here for the series to get better and better under 2K, which is refreshing after so many years of devolving with THQ.

• Like 1

I probably played through HCTP's story mode 15 or so times, each time shuffling up the rosters a bit so even though I'd be going through the same storylines constantly I would always be seeing new faces pop up in the various angles as guys gain and lose their points over the seasons.  I got a kick out of seeing dudes like Ultimo Dragon and Sean O'Haire just naturally popping up in marquee angles after a few in-game years.

Also they have no excuse not to include custom themes on PS4 next year.  MLB The Show pulled it off this year.  Not sure if San Diego Studio had to work with Sony on a an agreement to be able to do that but there is no reason 2k can't try the same.

• Like 1

On 06/04/2016 at 18:39, Social Justice Nerf said:

What also ruined my suspension of disbelief was Finn Balor beating me for my title, only for Cassady to inexplicably be champion after the match. What?

Well do you really want to tell him he can't have the belt?

Same thing happened to me when I dropped the US title. I lost the match to Ziggler but Cena was suddenly the new champ. I assumed the reason for this was because he's John Cena, that's why.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Been awhile since I've played a WWE game....seems slower than I remember. But it's fun! My first NXT match, and they put me in a match against Finn Balor? Shit, why do they hate me?

Also, I like the backstage segment stuff to boost your personality and stuff (do those do anything for you?). 

5 hours ago, Ruki said:

Also, I like the backstage segment stuff to boost your personality and stuff (do those do anything for you?). 

The personality traits do little or nothing of any practical value, so far as I can tell. There's a trophy for getting the Aggressive trait, which is handy since it's probably the easiest one to get. :shifty:

Your traits will affect whether you are deemed a Face or a Heel overall, but this doesn't have much effect on anything either. You can still feud with whomever you like. Your alignment with the Authority is based mainly off your completion of their tasks (and the occasional cut scene which is usually a choice between shaking HHH's hand or attacking him) rather than whether you're Heel or not.

The main practical purpose of the interviews will be when you have attacked (or have been attacked by) another superstar and they ask if a rivalry is developing between you two. Two of the answer options will lock you into an official feud, whereas the other two will ignore it and leave the feud slot open.