WWE 2K16

All the guides said don't rotate - just hold down as soon as it starts and move left or right and that is supposed to get the bar moving in that direction. Others just say hit left or right.. but that does work. If I hit it, my area will only go that far, it'll never touch the top so I don't understand for a minute what people are trying to say.

Regardless had another awesome loss last night. I was playing a tag team cage match, Shawn Michaels (me) and Triple H as DX versus the Brothers of Destruction. Triple H got out of the cage first, much to my dismay so I let Undertaker get out and went 1 on 1 with Kane. He stopped me and I narrowly avoided a loss so I beat him up until I got my special and went up top for an elbow drop. He sprang to life, stood up fast and grabbed me on the way down for a chokeslam before climbing out.

I put a lot of work into making my Universe personalized - I have two splits where one is Hogan Era and earlier along with Attitude Era debuts and the other is Ruthless Aggression debuts up to today and most indy workers I can find. I only started doing the first show (which runs off Saturday Night's Main Event") and the feuds it auto-set up are amazing. It set up an IC feud with Rick Rude and Ultimate Warrior that interjected Randy Savage into the mix - but then it also created the much vaunted Tom Zenk vs. Kurt Angle feud we've all wanted to see.

• Like 1

• Admin

So I got this for my PS4 for Christmas and got stuck straight into the showcase mode. Some initial thoughts:

1. As has already been mentioned - the submission system sucks, and I'm really struggling with it no matter what I do. Had to play the first Bret Hart match at least 15 times because he kept making me submit. Surprisingly the submission match was okay <_< 

2. Has the pinning system changed since '13? I'm struggling with that too :shifty: 

3. How can that horrible face model of Vince still be in use? And that ridiculous entrance walk? I know Vince's actual walk is over the top but there's no resemblance whatsoever.

4. The level of detail in the showcase is amazing. 

5. Experiencing a lot of collision detection issues with trying to get in and out of the ring near the turnbuckles.

6. Did I read something about only having a limited number of reversals per match now? Because I'm noticing that the longer a match goes the harder it is to reverse anything, which combined with the submission and pinning systems is making the game extremely more hard than I feel it should be.

2. The pinning system is new this year, yeah. You get three chances (sometimes only two if you're really damaged) to stop the bar.

6. The bar at the very bottom of your guy's UI? That's your reversals. It can be turned on or off, but basically most guys have 3 or 4 while others will have 5. Once you do a reversal, the bar empties and then recharges. If you have no reversals left - you don't even get the option to hit R2.

• Admin
4 minutes ago, apsham said:

2. The pinning system is new this year, yeah. You get three chances (sometimes only two if you're really damaged) to stop the bar.

6. The bar at the very bottom of your guy's UI? That's your reversals. It can be turned on or off, but basically most guys have 3 or 4 while others will have 5. Once you do a reversal, the bar empties and then recharges. If you have no reversals left - you don't even get the option to hit R2.

Is that the purple bar? I noticed it depleting and refilling but didn't know what it actually referred to. I didn't even notice that I wasn't getting the R2 option, hitting the button is just force of habit now probably!

Purple bar? That's stamina - that can also be turned off. It starts out something like light blue, I believe? And then it goes to a darker shade once you let it fully deplete (it builds back up over time, especially if you walk or don't move) but once it goes down a level it can't go up. Purple is the last stage of it - if that empties your guy will stagger after a move which will kickstart the charging of the bar, stop you from running, etc. The reversals are above or below that.. they're yellow and segmented. They turn another colour when they're charging up but that's easy enough to see.

It's optional as well - but yeah, it's rock-paper-scissors. If you both choose the same one you get the push into the corner or against the ropes spot where the referee splits you up. If you lose the initial button press you go on the defense.. you have to find the sweetspot and hold it there to fill up your bar faster than the other wrestler. If you're in charge it's the exact same, except you can hit the strike button up to three times to pause and kind of change where the spot will be next time.

• Admin
2 hours ago, apsham said:

It's optional as well - but yeah, it's rock-paper-scissors. If you both choose the same one you get the push into the corner or against the ropes spot where the referee splits you up. If you lose the initial button press you go on the defense.. you have to find the sweetspot and hold it there to fill up your bar faster than the other wrestler. If you're in charge it's the exact same, except you can hit the strike button up to three times to pause and kind of change where the spot will be next time.

2 hours ago, Avenged said:

Chain wrestling is Rock Paper Scissors basically. Each button beats another button. 

It's the "sweet spot" thing I can't figure out, much the same as the submission system.

Don't want to turn shit off because I can't do it <_< 

In the statistics in Universe Mode, it states that, for every year, the result of the championship match for winning the Royal Rumble was non-existent, because it didn't happen (well, it says privilege lost but you get what I mean)... but it did happen! It happens every year and it just fails to acknowledge it! Does this happen to anyone else?

4 minutes ago, Owen said:

In the statistics in Universe Mode, it states that, for every year, the result of the championship match for winning the Royal Rumble was non-existent, because it didn't happen (well, it says privilege lost but you get what I mean)... but it did happen! It happens every year and it just fails to acknowledge it! Does this happen to anyone else?

I had that with the Money in the Bank on 2K15 when I simmed through a few years to try and unlock the storylines. That's the only thing I can think it might be

• Admin

Not too sure about Undertaker's swinging hair during his entrances.

Also don't like the way it doesn't always have video content to support the next stage of the showcase mode, particularly with the jump from SummerSlam 98 to the title match in November. Especially considering what happened at Survivor Series and in the months leading to it.

edit: thought they could still use the term "World Wrestling Federation" as well, just not WWF. Sounds weird to hear World Wrestling Entertainment championship.

9 minutes ago, kliq said:

edit: thought they could still use the term "World Wrestling Federation" as well, just not WWF. Sounds weird to hear World Wrestling Entertainment championship.

I believe they can, but only in archive footage. I don't believe they can use either term in new productions.

• 1 month later...

Really wish it wouldn't give you Authority Goals in predetermined things.  I "lost favor" with The Authority after 2 matches it was impossible for me to win.  One of them I had to finish the match with my head health in green.  Well, after the intros and a few moves, Seth Rollins ran in and a cut scene ran where I lost via rollup due to distraction.  Technically, I still had green head health, but it still counted as a "loss" in the Authority goal.  Another, I had to win after using a weapon in a match, and again after the intros went, a few moves into the match, Seth ran in again and a cut scene played where I lost via countout...