WWE 2K16

2 hours ago, Reddaye said:

Is there any real benefit in creating shows in Universe Mode over just doing it the old fashioned way using imagination and a notepad? 

This is assuming the rivalries thing is as wonky as people claim, and that I don't care about random attributes. 

This depends on how long Universe keeps show results recorded for, I'd say.

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

This depends on how long Universe keeps show results recorded for, I'd say.

I guess my actual question is, beyond recording cards and results...does Universe really add anything tangible to the experience that I can't get beyond doing matches in exhibition?

Like, do the rivalries generally become interesting, with fun cut scenes to flesh them out? Or am I just better off pretending cool stuff is happening in exhibition where I have more freedom to book cards the size I want?  

Also, they fixed the targeting problem with ground grapple moves... what about the dragon screw not targeting the legs, or the hammerlock slam not targeting the arm, or the seated shoulder armbreaker somehow targeting the knee?

Edited by OctoberRavenO

1 hour ago, Gabriel said:

You can assign storylines to rivalries in Universe, if it's the same as last year.

If you leave Auto Rivalries on, it should be assigning stories to them automatically as well.

I haven't played a WWE game since Here Comes The Pain, so I'm not entirely familiar with how it works. Thats why I was curious about how well the "storyline" portion of it is handled. I've been seeing some people on YouTube not even using rivalries at all, so I wasn't sure if they're terrible, or limited, or whatever the case may be.

As far as wanting to be a "booker" so badly (to Baddar's point). It's not that I want to go into EWR or TEW depth, but my natural inclination when I have a bunch of wrestling "action figures" and title belts is to create some little storylines and draw up a few cards to give it all some direction. I don't really want to micromanage company finances, worry about overness, deal with contracts, or do a lot of that kind of thing.

Hence the curiosity with Universe Mode. Seems like it may give a bit of extra framework with some basic storyline creation abilities that add a little bit of tangible flavour that just doing it in my head wouldn't. 

Yeah, I'm a dork. <_< 

Edited by Reddaye
  • Like 2

I think it will get there in a few years. It feels like it went from Alpha to Beta this year. The amount of storylines happening seems fairly limited but at some point that stuff should ad up and some of the bugs should be fixed/fine tuned. (example, last year in carere you had to be a face, now you get to change a bit of your personalety but not nearly as much as the premade wrestlers. They will ad a layer each year i bet)

Authorety Bonus, end the match with your body in green health. Match stars, ref KO spot right away, all of my Body automaticly in yellow... stuff like that is rather frustrating.

Submissions are frustrating aswell....

Edited by Herr Matzat

United States champ!

Great little feud with John Cena. Started scrapping with him in the build-up to the Royal Rumble, and at the PPV we had a 'No Holds Barred' match featuring chairs, tables, and OMG moments aplenty. The belt wasn't on the line though...so the title match was set for Fastlane. To spice things up a bit, during this weeks I debuted my first manager - Emma - and got some variation in the results (e.g. beating him by count out, hitting him with a chair and getting DQ'd, etc.). And at Fastlane, I hit him with his own Attitude Adjustment for the pin. :pervert: Cue Authority celebration and a congratulation from Triple H.

Now I presumably get to defend the belt at Wrestlemania. Boom.

• Like 1

On Mon Nov 02 2015 11:17:22 GMT-0800, stokeriño said:

:shifty:

Lost a great feud to Finn in my first NXT title shot. I pummeled him most of the most, but he kicked out of my finisher, I kicked out after his top rope stomp, he kicked out of 1 more finisher, but I couldn't kick out of a 2nd finisher. Bummed I didn't win the belt so I can move on, but at least it was a fun feud. Hoping I can get another shot soon.

So my Wrestlemania match turned out to be a feud with Sting, the build-up for which mainly consisted of Sting's music hitting after each of my matches for a month and then him appearing from somewhere.

This was quite confusing at first because Sting's music is also my CAW's music. So I'll have won the match and 'my' music would hit, but my CAW would suddenly look all freaked out for some reason. :shifty: 

• Like 2