WWE 2K16

Got the Team Up trophy. :D:D With some random American guy who added me. Don't know how he even found me...not that I'm complaining at this stage. >_>

Now the only trophies left are the career grinding and the online rank grinding ones.........

Oh God, kill me now. :crying: 

At least I'm at the point in Career where I only need more VC, which can be ground out without actually playing any matches (start match, immediately quit, VC is still the same even though you 'lost'). Means I can make progress on it just idly tapping the PS controller whilst properly playing Football Manager or something. :shifty: 

• Like 1

Bit of a glitch on the Tag titles made them easier for me: I got into my first tag feud (with the Lucha Dragons) and for some unexplained reason the PPV match with them was for the Tag title belts, despite them actually being held by the Prime Time Players. 

...Then I stupidly got disqualified in that match so didn't win the belts. :shifty:

However! My next feud was with the Usos and the exact same thing happened in the PPV match with them, so that time I did win the belts despite being ranked 7th or something.

This year's career mode I think is a huge step but it's just SUCH A grind it gets repetitive. I would like to work on getting all the managers and skills but I know that'll probably take way longer than even getting the WWE title will. Some times I hate that I like getting trophies.

• Admin

I've finally started MyCareer, currently ranked #3 and I've had feuds with Breeze, Owens and now Balor. One thing I don't get is the point behind spectating your rivals match. You can't do anything can you? Seems completely pointless. Half the time I'm not even at ringside.

• Admin

It's just a complete PITA to have to even go into them in the first place, there should be a way to skip altogether. I could understand it if they served a purpose, because in the 6 I've had I've been visible at ringside once and even then I couldn't do a single thing, but it's as if they were meant to and someone forgot to code it.

If you are at ringside, you should be able to bring up a legend which tells you various buttons to press for different actions (mostly of the distracting kind, but one is free roam). On PS4 it's by pressing the controller's central touch pad thing IIRC.

The Showcase stuff is where the game shines, but once that's done, it's pretty much done.

Career isn't varied enough to be interesting long term, and Universe isn't malleable enough to do what we want it to. It needs to be more open and borrow more from the TEW simulation side of things, to properly accentuate the in-ring gameplay.

Picked this up during the week. Just a few questions:

1) does anyone else hate the submission system? I've lost some matches already because the system seems unresponsive. 

2) does building up your superstar really take as long as it's seeming? 

The pain in building up your superstar is just another consequence of some fool's idea that Career Mode should really last as long as a CAREER - i.e. 8, 10, 12...maybe 15 years even. This is also why it takes literally a decade's worth of accrued VC to buy all the skills/managers for the trophies (unless you halve it with the backed-up save shortcut), or why one of the possible Hall of Fame routes is "win every Wrestlemania match (must be at least 12 matches in total)". Speaking of which - although you may not think it, by far the quickest/easiest way to enter the Hall of Fame is the "hold any title of 365 days" route. Especially as you can skip through/quit/lose all non-PPV matches if you want because titles are never defended on those. And hell, just DQ yourself in the other ones!

Anyway, all this super-long-career stuff might be all fine and dandy if there weren't just the same set of dull rivalry matches to play every month, and just a couple of extra scripted 'storylines' triggered by winning a title or whatnot that aren't amazing either. Plus of course the rest of the roster remains static and unchanging for all those years as well, so you'd better get used to fighting Sheamus and Dolph Ziggler 40 billion times too.

• Admin

I started out with all the best intentions, won the NXT title in July and played every match up until February. Then I started getting bored of constantly feuding with the same people (Balor and Owen mainly, the only time I've feuded with anyone different is when I've chosen a feud myself) so I started getting myself deliberately DQ'd or counted out to try and build certain heel personality traits but as that didn't seem to work I just started quitting the matches. I've defended my title twice, and the latest feud with Balor has resulted in around 10 singles matches back to back which I assume is because the feud isn't progressing because I've been constantly quitting the matches.

My main aim at this stage is to hold the title for 365 days to Achieve that HOF goal, after that I'm gonna go for one of the main roster titles, but I'm starting to have serious doubts about playability.

It would be nice if they mixed it up with some tag matches, or gimmick matches, but in the entire time I've been playing I've been in one triple threat and one fatal four way. I guess the whole joke about it being realistic is true, but it doesn't have to be like this, and it shouldn't be either.

Like how the fuck do they expect anyone to achieve that goal of losing every match for 3 years? It would be soul destroying.

There's so much good, but like in real life there's so much bad as well.

As for the submission system, I just have no idea how to get it to work consistently, and that's the key word here. It seems I'm not in the minority either based on what I've read elsewhere. 

@stokeriño what's the backed up save shortcut? 

• Like 1

There are two trophies that require you to spend VC (1. Buy all Skills, 2. Buy all Managers). One of these requires something like 900k VC and the other more like 1.3m VC. So that would require you to earn more than 2m VC in total.

Or, rather than buying things incrementally as you go, you save up 900k VC and then backup your save game (either to the PS Cloud online storage if you have Playstation Plus, or to a USB memory stick). You then spend all that VC on all the Managers to unlock that trophy. Then you copy your old save game back over and you can use those VC towards the other trophy instead.