The Thread Where We Discuss Golf

Marcos

I'm quite excited. I was going to take off Thursday and Friday and just watch all weekend, but work has been insane the last few weeks. So I'll just have to catch the replays at night and watch all day Saturday and Sunday. Hopefully it'll be rainy and gross here so I won't have to do any yard work. :shifty: 

• Like 1

My missus has been looking forward to it for a while. We'll make our bet selections tonight. Still not sure who I'll back. We usually pick an outright winner and 4 win/to place, which is top 7. As of this post my winner might well be Dustin at 18/1, then the others will be at longer odds to make it worthwhile.

Have a feeling Day or Spieth could take it but they're just not worth betting on.

I'd take Dustin to place. But ever since the US Open last year, I just have no faith in him finishing at a major. I mean, I'm sure he will eventually and it could be this weekend, but I feel much more comfortable with him finishing Top-7 than outright winning. 

You're right about Spieth and Day not being worth a bet. What are the odds for Justin Rose? I'm sure Phil and Bubba are set at odds hardly worth betting too? Paul Casey had a good run last year. Maybe he'll make a push this year.

Here's our bets. We did them yesterday afternoon before the Par 3, so I guess my £1 stake on Walker is worthless now. :/

Mine;

D Johnson to win 18/1
B Snedeker 55/1
J Walker 55/1
Z Johnson 60/1
M Kaymer 175/1

Baddarina's;

S Garcia to win 55/1
B Koepka 55/1
M Kuchar 60/1
R Cabrera-Bello 100/1
E Els 300/1

@Meacon Do you know of a site where I can watch the morning's play, your time? Coverage doesn't begin here til 7pm and they never show live shots before 8pm (so about 3pm your end), meaning we miss a massive chunk of the action. The official app says it has live video for people in in states so if the website has live coverage too, maybe I could use Hola on the laptop and stream that way. CBSSports also advertise live play but it seems I'm at the mercy of geographical restrictions here.