The Thread Where We Discuss Golf

Marcos

Yeah. Unfortunately, despite his poor form, he'll be one of the red hot favourites because of his win last year, so betting on him would be pointless.

As much love as the Par 3 16th at the Masters gets, I'll always put the 17th at Sawgrass at the top in terms of Par 3's, probably because it was one of the most recognisable holes when I first got into golf years ago. I don't think I'll ever forget that approach from Rickie in the play-off last year. It was so dangerously close to the water, and came after Kisner had played a cracker of his own.

Masters winner Danny Willett has joined the PGA Tour.

The Englishman, 28, has received a five-year exemption, taking him through to the end of the 2020-21 season.

Willett won by three shots at Augusta to claim his first career major following a dramatic collapse from world number one Jordan Spieth.

Willett was also awarded 600 FedExCup points for his Masters win to move up to 27th in the standings before this week's Valero Texas Open.

That'll make the likes of Monty happy. Not.

So i've been making really small bets on Golf (i know a guy who always lets me who the best bets are) so i had 7 bets on this past Tourney all for what i thought was 4 dollars each, so im watching Sunday and Hoffman Won and i knew i had bet him so i went to check my bet to see how much i won exactly and it turns out i accidentally bet 44 dollars on him so i Won like 1100 dollars instead of the 110 or so i thought i was going to Win, second happiest accident of my life

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Who are you tipping this week, @Meacon¯\_(ツ)_/¯?

Gonna do my bets at around 11am your time so if you can give some pointers by then, that'd be grand. :shifty:

The odds on the top players are stupidly short this week, but there must be value elsewhere. I won money off Rickie last year but because he's defending, his odds are awful as well.

@BaddarI keep saying Paul Casey, because at some point that dude is going to win a major and I'm going to be like, "See! See, I told you! Paul Casey!" 

What about DeChambeau? He may not win, but I wouldn't be shocked with a Top-5 finish.

Ooh ooh Billy Horschel! He's done well this season.

Those are the only names that are jumping out to me that aren't the usual Spieth/McIlroy/Day/Fowler-types.

• Like 1

Wow. He's not. I'm not sure why I thought he was. Maybe Kevin Ha then, @Baddar?

Kevin Ha, Billy Horschel, and Henrik Stenson maybe? I don't think I'd ever be able to bet on golf. The field is so friggin' wide open. I'd only be somewhat confident in Top-10 finish picks.

Also where are you placing these bets? Online? Can Americans do it too? :shifty: