The Thread Where We Discuss Golf

Marcos

Tbh I only get time to watch the Majors. And I always find time to watch The Players, plus the odd event the week before a Major. I rarely keep up with the FedEx Cup so the next big event I'll watch now is likely to be The Masters next year. 

Never mind though, it's pretty stacked in 2016. The 4 majors, Olympics, and Ryder Cup. Looking forward to that already!

In terms of returns from the PGA, I only had place money for Koepka. Finau finished 10th in the end. :(

• 6 months later...

So the WGC is this week and it's finally starting to feel like golf season again. Adam Scott is leading McIlroy by two shots. 

Not sure how much I'll get to watch for the rest of this weekend, but I'll be keeping the diary clear between the 7th and 10th April for The Masters. 

My fiancée was glad that Rory didn't win because she doesn't want him dominating again like a few years ago. Even though Spieth won two majors last year, we don't seem to have him shoved down our throats as much in the Sky coverage. Other than that, I have nothing against Rory.

I like Adam Scott though, and it's good that he was able to quickly adjust to the new putting rules.

Probably not. It's a regret of mine I didn't go when it was at Merion or Congressional. It's in New York 2 of the next 5 years I think so I'm eyeing one or both of them. PGA is also going to be nearby the next few years.

Truth be told if King of Trios dates get announced early enough where I know I can't go I might use one of those PTO days on going to the US Open this year, but that'll be cutting it really close.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nerves of steel from Day. It's Day v Oosty in the final.

Kind of fear for Cabrera-Bello a bit in the consolation match. He hasn't had a great morning. Fancy Rory to take that with 3 or 4 to spare. 

As for the final, they've both played really well all week. Really could go either way.