The Thread Where We Discuss Golf

Marcos

This week, they pay out on the top 7, but only at a fifth of their odds if they place 2nd-7th. So a 50/1 shot is only good if they win the thing outright, really.

I'll go with Horschel, definitely. I imagine Stenson's odds will be quite short. Baddarina has picked him a lot before.

The 17th gets a lot of attention (and rightly so), but the 18th looks great too. Has a real "come and get me" feel to it, trying to coax in the big hitters. The fairway is shaped so well meaning anything left, you're in the water, go too conservative and you could go past the fairway altogether, as Rickie has just done.

Not a bad opening day for one of my guys, at least. Koepka is up there at 6 under, and Berger (Baddarina's pick) is level with him. Really hope ground is made on Day tomorrow. 

Willet had the lead coming into today's round of the Euro tour, but he shot a +4 dropping him down to a tie for seventh. Got my yard work done and sitting down to watch a bit of Dean and Deluca tournament where we've got a shit ton of congestion at the top of the leaderboard.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Meacon¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

So after a few weather delays, the US Open is now in-gear. 

Who ya'll got this weekend? I'm taking the cheap route and saying Spieth wins it.

I made a bunch of bets

Bubba Watson, Matt Kuchar, Patrick Reed, Rickie Fowler, Sergio Garcia, Brooks Koepka, Phil Mickelson, Adam Scott, Keegan Bradley