The Thread Where We Discuss Golf

Marcos

All seems very odd.

Worth noting that the huge police presence was because, some time before the Scheffler incident, a pedestrian was hit by a bus and killed outside of Valhalla.

1 minute ago, Adam said:

All seems very odd.

Worth noting that the huge police presence was because, some time before the Scheffler incident, a pedestrian was hit by a bus and killed outside of Valhalla.

Generally sounds like he assumed, incorrectly, that they were letting golfers go into Valhalla and he hopped the median to do so. 

Having been redirected by cops following a major accident I can attest that it's incredibly confusing how they do it. It isn't like a construction zone where it's intuitive. You basically have someone completely out of their depth trying to direct highly confused drivers to go in a certain direction.

2 hours ago, The Buscher said:

They're charging him with 2nd degree assault of a police officer because the officer saw fit to attach himself to Scheffler's car.  Lol.  Can't wait for that bodycam footage.

The officer's $80 pants were destroyed! Horrible. Throw away the key!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, gunnar hendershow said:

The officer's $80 pants were destroyed! Horrible. Throw away the key!

I'd be pretty upset if my $80 pants were ripped. 

Some sensational golf down the stretch, and I'm happy Xander Schauffele held on and won it. Got to be extra sweet to hold your nerve and sink a birdie putt to take the trophy like that.

It ended this sporting weekend on a high note personally after a lot of rather uninteresting watching of F1 and football the rest of the day.

• Like 1

On 17/05/2024 at 14:49, The Buscher said:

They're charging him with 2nd degree assault of a police officer because the officer saw fit to attach himself to Scheffler's car.  Lol.  Can't wait for that bodycam footage.

This is going to shock you; the arresting officer didn't activate his bodycam before making the arrest/attaching himself to a car. And he's being investigated for not following standard protocol.

• Haha 1