The Thread Where We Discuss Golf

Marcos

Justin Rose and Henrik Stenson will lead Europe's challenge to win a fourth successive Ryder Cup against the United States in Friday's opening foursomes.

The pair, who won the first point as Europe won at Gleneagles in 2014, tee off at 13:35 BST against Jordan Spieth and Patrick Reed.

Rory McIlroy and Andy Sullivan face Phil Mickelson and Rickie Fowler, Sergio Garcia and Martin Kaymer take on Jimmy Walker and Zach Johnson, while Thomas Pieters and Lee Westwood play Dustin Johnson and Matt Kuchar.

------

Some interesting pairings there. Looking forward to it.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I would love to see Fowler win it. He's in such a better spot this year, mentally, than he was last year. I would be pleasantly surprised if he's within range on Sunday.

I just feel like the way Spieth dominated last year is a tell sign that he is going to own this course for a while. His meltdown last year was legendary, but I just don't see it happening again. I'd like it to be competitive, but I can see him winning this year by two or three strokes.

That said, the wind is gusting up to 40 mph there, so it may not matter how well he's mastered (heh heh) the course.