2015-16 NHL Season Thread

munky

7 hours ago, Untrained Fork said:

I'm not usually one to talk about conspiracy theories in hockey but holy hell did it really feel like someone was against The Pen's last night. It's like the ref's felt bad for Ovi and the Caps because there were so many penalties that should have been called against them that never were. Didn't work out for them though. Conference finals against Tampa. We got this!

Yeah, Pens penalties were fair, but I saw a few things that could have been called on the Caps in the 3rd and OT that they let go. I thought the fix was in for sure just to get to a game 7. Glad the Pens ended it in OT, they came out flying and the Caps had nothing left. 

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most people felt the finals was going to have 1 of Sharks, Hawks,  or Blues this year.  I wasn't sold on LA in the playoffs.  For the east, I think Washington, Tampa or Penguins.  I didn't see Islanders or Florida going that far this year. 

Take out Washington and Hawks, and that's pretty much what we got.  Kinda' random if you look at it from the beginning of the season though. 

If you'd told me that The Pens were going to be in the conference final at the beginning of the year, or hell even in December, I'd have asked you what the hell you were on but man, they have really stepped up their game. It's weird to see the conference semi-finals in the west both end the same way with complete blow outs of the other team. I'm hoping for a Pens/Blues final, but with my luck it'll be Pens/Sharks.

1 hour ago, TGWL said:

Kinda' random if you look at it from the beginning of the season though. 

That is more how I was looking at it. All four teams are actually really good and have had some good runs in the last few years, just I would have imagined the Hawks or Caps would have snuck in. 

I definitely thought LA was going to the finals at the beginning of the year. I had no picks for the East other than really wanting Pittsburgh to make a run. I know everyone had the Caps as favorites, but once March rolled around and Pittsburgh was dominating everyone, I thought they would get past the Caps.

Pittsburgh played like shit, expecting a much better game on Monday. And wtf is up with NHL officials? Callahan boards Letang but doesn't get thrown out, Palat boards Dumo and injures him and only gets 2 minutes?! 

1 hour ago, Hewey said:

No action will be taken on Callahan, are you fucking kidding me? Does the NHL only suspend people if they hurt someone? What a god damn joke!

Given what happened last series between Pens and Caps that does more or less appear to be the case. Had Maata come back in then Orpik probably only gets a game.

1 hour ago, damshow said:

Given what happened last series between Pens and Caps that does more or less appear to be the case. Had Maata come back in then Orpik probably only gets a game.

Dumo got hurt too from being boarded and nothing will come out of it. What a joke. And then people say the NHL favors Pittsburgh. I just hope the Penguins keep their composure and don't turn this into a free for all like the Philly series. 

And if Bishop is out for awhile, take a run at their back up goalie :shifty:

1 hour ago, damshow said:

Bishop is listed as day-to-day.

It seriously doesn't mean much, they say day to day but I doubt he's at 100%. Either way, hope no one whines about the Penguins if they retaliate on Tampa and nothing comes out of it. This is where I seriously miss Matt Cooke and James Neal. 

8 hours ago, Hewey said:

Dumo got hurt too from being boarded and nothing will come out of it. What a joke. And then people say the NHL favors Pittsburgh. I just hope the Penguins keep their composure and don't turn this into a free for all like the Philly series. 

And if Bishop is out for awhile, take a run at their back up goalie :shifty:

This is CLASSIC Penguins-fanning. Dating back to their ooooold glory days of 2006.