Metal Gear Solid V - The Phantom Pain

9 to 5

I think the gameplay is excellent, and definitely the best in the series. If you're not into the wacky stupidity of the other games, this one will still irk you at times, though. As said, the story is rather downplayed, but, while that means that the long, silly cutscenes are few and far between, there isn't anything you might like better to replace them. If you don't need to enjoy a game's story to have fun with it, I'd highly recommend Metal Gear Solid V, but I'd be wary otherwise.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MDK said:

I'm not a massive lover of MGS and I hadn't played one since the first one of PS1. I really like the game. I enjoy the open world and that if you want you can just go Rambo style without getting penalised. Stealth is fun but occasionally you just wanna roll up in your tank and blast fools. If you can suspend your belief the story is fine and the cutscenes can be a bit cheesy but nothing offensive. If it is cheap I would go for it.

Well... the mooks DO get gear to counteract your playstyle but that happens no matter if you stealthy or guns blazing or sniping.

I love the story myself, but I don't mind the craziness. At least it's coherent craziness unlike MGS2's car crash of rapid-fire plot twists for the sake of plot twists or the bullshit copout that was the two hour epilogue of MGS4.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

I hated all the talking in the second one. I'm not big on games that feel like you play for 3 minutes then sit through a 20 minute cut scene, well unless the actual game is mind-blowing which I didn't find it.

Thanks for all the help guys, I might end up flipping a coin >_>

• Like 1

The gameplay to cutscene ratio is much much heavier towards the gameplay in 5. Pretty much the opposite of 4 even. And 5 has the benefit of no Raiden anywhere.

While 3 is still the better story, 5 is the best overall game in the series.

Plus you can have your helicopter play things like Ride of the Valkyries, Final Countdown, or something absurd like Kids In America or She Blinded Me With Science as it arrives, that alone is more awesome than all of 2 combined.

If you do get it...

The answer is they all speak Pashto.

You'll know what I mean when you get to that point.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

31 minutes ago, OctoberRavenO said:

The gameplay to cutscene ratio is much much heavier towards the gameplay in 5. Pretty much the opposite of 4 even. And 5 has the benefit of no Raiden anywhere.

While 3 is still the better story, 5 is the best overall game in the series.

Plus you can have your helicopter play things like Ride of the Valkyries, Final Countdown, or something absurd like Kids In America or She Blinded Me With Science as it arrives, that alone is more awesome than all of 2 combined.

If you do get it...

Hide contents

The answer is they all speak Pashto.

You'll know what I mean when you get to that point.

Thats actually the wrong answer @OctoberRavenO.  The correct answer is

Kikongo

Oof, you're right... I made that mistake because

All the dudes I had at first ALSO all spoke Pashto.