WiP - EWB EWR Update

Sousa

It would also accurately model people like Lashley and King Mo who have joint TNA/Bellator contracts and wouldn't sign exclusive wrestling contracts any time soon.

Tag Teams definitely need a big purge. There are way too many teams just called Wrestler A and Wrestler B with 3 exp because they teamed a little to merge storylines. Only properly named teams should stay in my opinion, with the odd potential exception. 

Old post that might guide the thinking in this regard:

Here's something else to consider about tag teams that might prevent "ADD A TAG TEAM OF JERN CENER AN RAY MYSTERY, THEY TEAMED ON THE RAW" from continuing to be normal.

Let's say that, in your given EWR game, you decide to have a tag team match on your show. For simplicity's sake, let's assume you're doing a current WWE game, and you're running top feuds between Daniel Bryan & Randy Orton and another between Big Show & Alberto Del Rio. You decide to end a TV episode of Raw with a tag team match that encompasses both feuds, with Bryan and Show against Orton and Del Rio (so fairly typical Raw booking).

Unless I'm mistaken, in EWR, neither team will gain tag team experience unless they are actually made into a team. Most players, of course, would not make these into teams; after all, the match was made to put together a typical face/heel tag team main event for Raw, and there's obviously no intent to have Bryan and Show form a permanent tag team.

Let's reverse the scenario and imagine this match happened on Raw, and let's even say a rematch happened on Smackdown (and, hell, let's even say they ran it on some house shows). The intent is still obviously to use a tag team match to build two singles feuds, not to form a permanent tag team. But in all likelihood, someone would drop in a stats thread and say we should make Bryan and Show a tag team with "2-3 experience."

My question is this: what's the value of this?

Because we now have a whole fuck-ton of first-run wrestling television on all week long (Raw, Smackdown, Superstars, Main Event, and god I'm sure there's more)--along with house shows--it stands to reason that a lot of small tag teams are going to be put together for no reason but to fill a card. By what criteria do these get added?

The result of making a team in EWR and putting them together in a tag team match is usually that they gain a point or two of team experience; therefore, you can have the same result if you put Show and Bryan together in a tag team, then have them fight in a tag team twice.

Is it really worth adding to an already hilariously bloated list of tag teams to add new teams all the time?

So that's a solution that keeps in mind the game mechanics as they were originally conceived (i.e., you wouldn't create a new team for every random team).

• Like 1

Thanks for the offer Paige Turner but we are just going to delete alter egos all together. Feel free to take something else?

I just downloaded the September update and gonna be looking through the tag team list and making the necessary adjustments. (i.e. deleting one off teams, experience, finishing moves, etc.)

I was gonna say the same, you start changing the tag data it will mess up if you don't have the same wrestler data list because of the way it all interacts, as it uses the wrestlers number to assign them to the team, which could be different if the data has changed through deleting workers.

If we're being technical, I don't think Wrestler A and Wrestler B would necessarily gain "tag team" experience as it's pertained in the game for just main eventing a RAW and SmackDown in real life anyways. Tag Team experience would be your Blake and Murphy's, Vaudevillians, teams that are actually focused on being a tag team as opposed to performing their own stuff in a feud mixed tag team match. You aren't gonna see Randy Orton and Ryback performing double team moves or anything as the such just because they've randomly teamed a few times in the past.

I'm glad you are doing this guys, I have nothing against Bill's work but the database started to grow stale over the last few years, so I'm looking forward to see where all this work ends at, because maybe I will make some scenarios if this database is more easy to handle (No man's land, No women's land, Ultimate Fed Warfare).

Edited by SpanishMen

If you run database maintenance, it will remove tag teams with deleted members. Deciding what to do with that will probably depend on how many are left after the roster purge is done.

But yes, our data is in a Google drive folder, PM me for the details, then you can just download our data set, work on it for an hour or so, write a changelog while your doing it(this also lets us know if somebody else is currently working because we can see the changelog being updated in real time) and upload the data folder with your changes when you're done/bored.

The only issue with too many volunteers is people tripping over each other, since although this is collaborative, only one person can work on it at a time. 

• Like 1

We probably don't have enough volunteers though since nobody touched the data yesterday. I like it better casual, drop in and out whenever you like, but maybe some minor scheduling would help get things moving.

I think Alter Egos can probably stay. Renaming Buddy Murphy to Murphy caused no problems, even though Murphy is still an Alter Ego for Mikael Judas. Mikael Judas didn't show up when I searched Murphy in game, but that's not a problem. I started two new games, identical except one had the full Alter Egos file and one had it cleared, and they both took exactly 1 minute and 50 seconds to start. It doesn't seem to slow the game down, it won't get in the way of us using accurate up to date names, and some people like the feature. I see no reason to get rid of it. 

• Like 1