WiP - EWB EWR Update

Sousa

Also - family relationships are literally the worst ones to have in the game. Any of the strong ties are the worst.

Because they aren't fun, aren't realistic, or often incorrect? Or something else?

The morale dynamic is interesting - but I think it's affected enough by how they're booked and their position on the card in correlation with attitude. Getting rid of an Uso and having The Rock (I'm just going to assume they're in as Blood Relatives) say that he is going TO LEAVE THE COMPANY IF YOU DO THIS is very unrealistic and leaves you with few options.

1. You fire Jey Uso and automatically lose anyone related to him (and maybe in Love with him?)

2. You raise and lower Jey's position on the card until his morale hits in the 30s and then you can offer him a release. But he won't speak to you for quite a while, so he's going to be blocked off from you.

3. If the person is a non-worker, you can't use the morale trick since they don't have a card position. So you either have to take option 1 or Arsenic.

Like - I'm sure that The Rock wouldn't be happy if rando-booker came in and just fired The Usos but the whole morale system gets abused with the Relationships.

I think a lot of the non-wrestlers should be made into wrestlers just for the sake of the 'rule of fun' as well. Non-wrestler should be saved for people who would actually only wrestle on a big show. If I want to bring back Chris Jericho (somtimes he's non-wrestler) and in my world where Rene Dupree comes back and becomes world champion, have him wrestle weekly - I should be able to do that without Arsenic. If they're too injured to work like Edge - so be it. But other guys who just don't work that often, I don't see the point.

Also - family relationships are literally the worst ones to have in the game. Any of the strong ties are the worst.

I feel like, in the base update, things should be as realistic as possible. 'Rule of Fun' is fine for leaving people in, but they should be non-wrestlers, and if you want to change them, then feel free to do it in your game. For the same reason, I think that the 'hard', for lack of a better term, relationships should be in. Relatives, marriages, things like that. It's much easier to go in and clear the relationship file in the name of 'fun' than it is to go in and add all of those in, so they should be in to begin with.

Fair enough. Maybe we should fudge it and make blood relations like cousins friends so it has an effect but not a gamebreaking one. Keep siblings and marriages tight though.

As far as non-wrestlers, if it's somebody like Jericho, they shouldn't be a non wrestler. I'm not sure of Duprees status, but I'm guessing he shouldn't be a non-wrestler either. There will still be non-wrestlers for people who actually should be non-wrestlers. 

Here's the list of deletions so far, if anybody wants to argue any of them

21st Century Fox

AJB

Aaron Blaze

Aaron Bolo

Aaron Idol

Aaron Knight

aaron Proctor

Aaron Reed

Aaron Richard Smythe

Abaddon

Abdul Hanish

Abomination

Abudadein

Abunai

AC Coaltrain

AC Nirvana

AC Riddick

AC Sleeze

Ace Bennett

Ace Darling

Ace Spalding

Acid

Adam Abz

Adam Armor

Adam Brown

Adam Cage

Adam Evans

Adam Gooch

Adam Hastey

Adam Mercer

Adam Pearce 1

Adam Roberts

Adam Watt

Adam Windsor

Adara James

Aden Chambers

Adrian Hawkins

Adrian Lynch

Adrian Serrano

Adrian Walls

Adrianna

Aero

Afato

Agent Orange

Ahmed Johnson (retired since 2003!)

Ahuna

Aida Marie

Aidan Nathans

Aidan Pringle

Aiden Riley

Air Paris

AJ Pan

AJ Sparx

AJ Sparxx

Ajax 820

Akihito Ito

Akira Hokuto

Akira Maeda

Akira Taue

Akiya Anzawa

AkuA

Al Barone

Al Getz

Al Ghore

Ala Hussein

Al-Ahmed Mohammed

Alan Johnson

Alda Moreno

Aldo Suave

Alec Prokushev

Aleida Ortiz

Alere Little Feather

Alex Arion

Alex Breslin

Alex Castano

Alex Cypher

Alex Gold

Alex Law

Alex Lunar

Alex Montalvo

Alex Pain

Alex Shane

Alex the Iceman

Alex Wright :(

Alexa Thatcher

Alexander the Great

Alexander Worthington

Alexandrea Graham

Alexis Lightfoot

Alexzandra Heiress

Alicia

Alicia Webb

Alisha Ceraso

All American Thor

Allaylah Silky

Allison Danger

Allison Pfau

Allison Wonderland

Altar Boy Matthew

Alura

Amanda Ruffen

Amanda Shae

Amanda Violet

Amanda Storm

Amar Suloev

Amber

Amber Gertner

Alexander Kozlov

American Bombshell

American Bulldawg

American Cream Pie

American Eagle

American Kickboxer

Amy Cooper

Amy Hennig

Amy Action

Amy Crawford

Amy Lee

Amy Morgane

Amy Vitale

Amy Victory

Amy Weber

Amy Young

Amy Zidian

Ana Mosity

Anarchy

Anaconda

Anastacia Rose

Anastasia Ivy

Andre Lyonz

Andrea Lynn

Andrew Alexander

Andrew Hellman

Andrew Lacroix

Benjamin Bray

Andrew Patterson

Andrew Pendleton III

Andrew Ryker

Andrew Vain

Andros de Plata

Andy Baker

Andy Barton

Andy Douglas

Andy Jaxx

Andy Ridge

Andy Sumner

Andy Van Dam

Anella

A few of them need to be remade into staff (Adam Pearce, Allison Danger the biggest ones I can think of).

Edited by Pizza

Which base are you using?  I might try and tackle the alter ego list

The only one I can see being argued is Amy Lee. She wrestled last year

http://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=4405

and her website is still up and doesn't say retired

http://www.amyleecentral.com/

Yea he's got a point about that.  She hasn't wrestled MUCH lately...1 match in 2014, 2 in 2013, 1 in 2012, but she has worked matches in the recent past

My god this thread was a lot of fun to read. Kudos to the lot of you putting in the time and effort to throw out a decent mod and even if I have TEW 15 I will most certainly use this as it's much easier and less of a chore.

The only problem I can see arise is what Kirkland was saying about NXT being a developmental promotion, but even at this point I think that's moot considering they do travel and still put on large shows. They may be classified as developmental but are technically their own promotion. I'd say use them as a brand maybe? But then again, you can't run multiple "big shows" in a month so Barclays show + SummerSlam would be impossible unless their is some way around that.

That Adam Windsor cut is brutal. Necessary, but brutal. I don't know if my heart can take the inevitable deletion of the Super Maree-O Brothers (spoiler: it can. BUT NOT THE LOST SOULS).

Edited by GoGo Yubari
  • Like 3

I'm not starting from scratch, it was more an exercise in proving how fucking wrong the database is - I don't play EWR any more, I vastly prefer TEW when I get the time to play it. I downloaded EWR especially to have a look at how broken it was. Why? What have I done?!

A short list of people who I have requested should have "Shooting Ability" unticked thus far;

Kane
Booker T
Lita
Shane Helms
JBL
Hardcore Holly
Shawn Stasiak
TAKA Michinoku
Randy Orton
Buff Bagwell
Scott Steiner
Rick Steiner
Konnan
Little Guido
Kid Kash
Ron Harris
Marty Jannetty
Virgil
AJ Styles
New Jack
Doug Williams
2 Cold Scorpio
Amasis
Jaka
Mike Quackenbush

And then there's "High Spots", "Superstar Look", "Fonz  Factor" and "Menacing" to consider, and "Trainer", "Announcer" and "Booker", which seem to be ticked at random. Remember all those guys trained by Hulk Hogan? Or the illustrious booking career of Sabu? Meanwhile, none of CHIKARA's Wrestle Factory trainers have "Trainer" ticked.

rereading and I saw this. Hardcore Holly has it because he did Tough Man competitions before Wrestling. Steiner's have it because they are legitimate collegiate wrestlers.

I'm not sold on New Jack having it but I can tell you why he was given it. On a handful of occasions he's just  beat the shit out of dudes in the ring for real.

The mechanic is there so anyone with shooting would be hired by PRIDE. The only people who should have shooting ticked should be people with a professional MMA record.

On relationships, I'd do it as blood relative is only parents and siblings. Love is married/engaged. Friendship is well known, strong friendships like Owens/Zayn and cousins, nephews, nieces.

• Like 2

Shooting Ability: If this is true, the workers has shoot fighting experience.

Amateur wrestling probably doesn't come in to this.

What New Jack does certainly doesn't, you could argue for Bob Holly, but this is the first time I have personally come across the info he did Tough Man, and a cursory google shows up not much info to me, other than him beating up Matt Capotelli.

We discussed this a while ago in a topic with Sousa, the only effect in game is that it determines who goes to join Pride in the touring, as Gazz points out, so i really don't know what your quibble with this is Kirkland...

• Like 1

The Tough Man info comes from his book.

If that's all the stat does then I guess it should just go to guys with MMA experience like Brock and Lashley. Just boxing or just Wrestling doesn't seem like enough.

oh yeah, you guys probably have this covered but are you going to move people like Sara Amato, Drake Younger, and Robbie Brookside into staff? Seems a bit silly for then to just be on active rosters. 

They should be because the WWE roster is already going to be over the threshold just using the main active roster and the AI will probably keep those three in at the expense of actual roster members.

What's the moderation going to be like on skills? Because, personally, I'd be harsh as fuck, anyone with more than three skills over 80 would be very rare whereas other people might be doling out 90's all over the place (check the 100% match thread for some of the lugs having MOTY's). Standard distribution curves (I love stats) would have 85%-90% of skills between 30 and 70.

would you be as harsh as the original data? I recall that almost everyone over 240 lbs had 0's and 1's. Like if you did it that way a match like Mark Henry vs Sheamus would get rated like the most godawful thing in the world when that's actually a passible match.

Edited by Kirkland

• Admin

Pizza, send me the info please. 

When I'm good to take a turn with it I will be deleting promotions and looking at the WWE roster. 

To clarify, with this update, we are:

1) Deleting relationships entirely. We may eventually look to readd the obvious ones, such as HHH/Stephanie and the Usos, etc

2) Deleting alter egos entirely. Not needed in this day and age. 

3) Not touching stats. No point in "raise Sheamus by two overness points", because as soon as he has a great match in game or has a birthday in game, those stats change in game anyway. We will make exceptions for the blatantly wrong ones such as Sasha Banks.

4) Open to the idea of adding NXT as its own promotion. Thoughts?

I think the touching of stats is going to be decently necessary. I don't think you can get around that to be 100 percent honest just with the state of the current stuff - but I'd honestly limit suggestions to people who understand how all the stats actually relate to each other in the game.

And I don't think NXT as its own thing is a good idea. Maybe a version of the game with it as its own thing? Like how people used to do RAW/Smackdown split companies?