WiP - EWB EWR Update

Sousa

I'll handle the relationships file!

*deletes*

Ok, done!

• Like 6

How are you all doing this? Is someone handling each section of the database and who is doing what?

Lineker's taking the lead, so we'll see what he thinks. I'm not even sure if we're starting with Bill and cutting it down, or building from scratch.

We should probably start a google drive account so we can work collaboratively though either way, rather than have one guy do all the data entry. 

Edited by Pizza

I think it will be easier cutting Bill's update down. I think there is an option to clear all relationships and stuff, right? Problem solved there. You can then add whatever relationships you want, maybe re-add the tag teams as well? 

I assume the stats themselves are roughly were they need to be, so deleting the wrestlers we want out and then fine tuning the remaining might be easier than added 1000+ from scratch.

basically mkpunk "Well what is the former TNA Murphy starts using the name again?"

Who the fuck cares?  He hasn't used it in 4 years...he went right back to Mikael Judas after his TNA release.  Now someone in the worlds largest wrestling promotion is using it.  Give him priority over the guy who hasn't used it in 4 fucking years!

• Like 1

Any attempt should start with WWE and work down from there. So, if someone in WWE uses a name, they should have first claim to it.

Then again, you're talking about people who seem to put way too much of their time and self-worth into a fucking stat update. Like, their entire status on the board is tied up in how much of what they suggest makes it into the update. It's pretty sad, actually.

• Like 1

I was personally going to start with the WWE main roster. Does someone more au fait with NXT want to tackle that?

And to whoever suggested Google drive that is probably a good idea.

I'm thinking the best start would be to delete the guys we don't want. Most of the people we are going to want are going to be in there, it's just a matter of tweaking them, but they're buried in a sea of Thumbtack Jacks that we need to get rid of. Once we have the database to a reasonable size, it will be easier to fix who's left. 

I think if we had a timetable and gave someone an area to focus on like "oh, Rich can have the data for 3 days and he can fix all of the UK workers" would be a good start, and making sure eveyrone knows what the end game is in terms of adding, removing and updating workers.