Your sports package?

Liam

As sexy as the topic title sounds, it really isn't. Put simply, what sport channels (if any) do you pay to have access to/get access via your cable provider?

I ask because I pay for Sky Sports, and am currently thinking about investing in BT Sports, even though it does feel like a lot of money invested in my ability to watch sport.

What about you?

My brother was offered a hugely discounted Sky Sports package as compensation after his Internet connection broke, and he lets me use his Sky Go account as a guest. Without that, I couldn't justify forking out the monthly fee for the amount of live sport I watch at the moment, and I generally get what I need on terrestrial television and the WWE Network. I could possibly go for BT Sport if fibre broadband eventually becomes available in my area because I think that it's just a £5 per month increase on the regular BT Infinity contract, but that could be a long time in the future at this rate.

I dont really watch sports besides wrestling but I'm on Virgin Media with the XL package and get the Eurosport, Extreme Sports and BT Sport channels bundled in with the price, the main reason for having the XL package is that it comes with the Discovery/History channels as well as some +1 channels.

Never have paid for sports, never will. On the very rare occasions that I want to watch a game and it isn't on the council telly I'll just go to the pub to watch it. But that's very rare. In the last year I've only made a point of watching Scotland v Germany in September. That was worth it though. Good game.

My flatmate and I actually got rid of the TV altogether last month. Nobody ever uses it.

• Like 1

The main value I get from Chelsea TV is that a) I will get to see *all* the Chelsea matches on delay, including matches from domestic cups that otherwise won't get shown anywhere if not picked for live broadcast, and b) lots of other old matches on randomly which are handy for when I just fancy something on in the background. There's something undeniably pointless and yet somehow wonderful that, should I not wish to watch Breakfast News first thing in the morning, I could watch 15 minutes of Newcastle v Chelsea from 2001/02 instead.

Half of the unique programming is tosh (no, I don't care that Danny Cipriani is a Chelsea fan, and I certainly don't want to watch 30 minutes of him chatting about it), but I like the some of the tactical analysis you get in the 'Preview/Review' shows, plus occasional documentaries on past seasons/players/managers. The other day I watched a half-hour recap of the 1988/89 season, which was nice.

17 hours ago, Baddar said:

I've got Sky Sports and BT. Can't see myself ever relying solely on streams.

Samesies. I dunno how I ever coped without them before. Now, if I have no choice but to watch a shitty stream if a game isn't showing, it's like the third circle of hell.